1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More than 3,000 auto dealers sign letter opposing Biden's electric vehicle mandate

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Nov 29, 2023.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ' "With the mandates they are putting in place, they are forcing the consumer to buy something that they don't want," said Tom Maoli — one of the letter's signatories and the founder of New Jersey-based auto group Celebrity Motor Cars which operates multiple dealerships — in an interview with Fox News Digital. "Consumers are not buying into the electric vehicle market right now because the infrastructure is not there, they're concerned about the range and it's 20 to 30% higher to buy the vehicle."

"Even with the incentives that the manufacturers are offering, and that the government is offering, consumers just don't want to buy it," he continued. "The president needs to back off on mandates and allow the river to take its course. EVs will survive, they'll be a part of the marketplace. But they have to let the consumer decide which vehicle they want, how they're going to get their families around and where they're going to spend their money." '

- rest at More than 3,000 auto dealers sign letter against Biden electric vehicle mandate (foxbusiness.com)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they are expecting the Biden administration to back off the mandates!?! :Laugh

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of like when I occasionally send a letter to my U.S. Representative and my two U.S. Senators about the pressing need to stop adding to the national debt. I am not expecting them to actually stop adding to the national debt, but at least I have told them that they desperately need to do so.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hope you tell them your votin for the incumbent next election. :Wink

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha! Ever since 2016 I first have had to convince myself to go vote in the first place, and it getting really hard to do so. I am not exactly a fan of the UniParty axis of the Democratic and Republican Parties.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well it’s the only means that we have to hire and fire these creature’s but I get it. I’d rather spend more time with my dog than cast a vote for still another do nothing corrupt politician.

7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like the DOJ/IRS/EPA just received their next list of Americans to investigate.

peace to you

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The biggest challenge for EV penetration is the price point is extremely high," Ramanan Krishnamoorti, vice president for energy and innovation at the University of Houston, told Yahoo Finance.

"Only the top 10% population is able to afford to buy EVs," he said. "We thought there was lots of promise for prices to come down."