1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Than One-Third of Caravan Riders Have Infectious Diseases

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Dec 2, 2018.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes I think people want the USA to be the new Tower of Babel and the land where everyone lives. I know that these people are in desperate condition but the whole world cannot live within the continental USA or we will be loved to death and conditions here will be worse than Latin America, the poorest part of the world, except that we will be so crowded that everywhere will be a mob of destitution.

I understand that the World Health Organization is in Tijuana. I think that the UN World Health Organization has been in Mexico for years because I met some of them working in Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua, over fifty years ago. Some of these invaders have aids. A lot of them have lice. Many of them have scabies. My guess is that most of them never had a toothbrush in their lives.

Roman Catholic Latin America in the name of religious freedom should allow Protestant missionaries to preach in their countries. I have heard so many stories of Baptists having been beaten and robbed in Mexico and forced out of their missions. Latinos believe that there is no salvation outside of the walls of the Catholic Church. It is time for a change in Latin America.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Numbers and "seriousness" sound inflated. More than that...

My understanding is that history tells us they said the same things (claims of carrying diseases) about the Irish and the Italian immigrants to feed prejudices.

I see this as fear mongering based on one of the worst kind and lowest of ploys - "These different people carry diseases and will make you sick!"

It is not the kind of argument that I would repeat...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many of them did. That's why they had a quarantine house on Ellis Island where many died or were sent back.

Good, the Mexican government has asked for help so, Invite one of these sick families to come live with you until they are granted freedom here or sent back to their native land.

Do you have or did you have your kids vaccinated?

Look before you cross the street?

Lock your door at night?

Etc, etc...

#4 HankD, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so the Mexican authorities and the UN WHO lied. Who knew? And Soros walked out when he saw the doctors' bill. Do you have any compassion?

6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, you want to ride on that argument, you go right on ahead. You may not like me disagreeing with this tactic because of believing it overinflated and based on feeding off people's differences/prejudices - but that's your problem! BTW, your strawman, argument from outrage and Ad hominem fallacies don't change my opinion of this sad argument and those who would resort to it without consideration of these principles one bit! Knock your self out bud... ;)

#6 Benjamin, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, as far as responsibility, I think it is a good idea to find those who organized this mess and charge them for all the care these people need until they get relocated or sent back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You put people through the hardship of traveling like that and you'll see the weakened result of their health. I don't object to calling on those who instigated and organized it to be responsible for their care. Want I object to is the fear mongering that "these people carry diseases and will make you sick" as a ploy to make arguments why they shouldn't be allowed here. I have plenty of arguments to protect our sovereignty without resorting to such tactics - and I don't like what they based off of!

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the Mexicans are lying and the UN doctors are lying. You have a nutty argument there because you have no evidence. Do you have any compassion or do you have iced water in your veins?

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Friend, you can save the Ad hominem about compassion to support your foolish and ignorant argument! I've said nothing about not taking care of these people! I've clearly objected to the arguments that amount to not letting these here because they carry diseases and will make us sick, get a clue!

You don't believe they are over inflating these "disease carrying people" ?!? Get real! If you were to take 6,000 U.S. citizens, 2/3rds of which are grossly obese and put them on the road like this, under these kinds of conditions!!, probably couldn't make it 20 miles!!, they'd make these immigrant people look like superstars. You start testing them for diseases ...HA... 40% of them of would be candidates for joint replacements and 60% for heart diseases thaat will need treatment!!

My argument, Mr. Strawman, is NOT and has never been NOT to take care of them or denied that they would be in bad condition. In fact, if you were to read more carefully you'd understand WHY I said those who organized this mess should be responsible for their care which in itself demonstrates that I am sympathetic to their need! My Argument HAS been and REMAINS about the fear mongering concerning claims about "these disease carrying people".

• Like Like x 1
  11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is an excerpt from an email I received on Friday from a guy that works at McKesson Corp., one of the largest medical and pharma companies in the US.

I know, I know, anecdotal evidence.
    ----

I am here in San Diego frantically responding to the ever increasing concerns and risks with the Border caravan concern knowing that these potential refugees and the non identified border crossers pose a sizable and unknown health risk to the citizens of San Diego/ SoCal and the US

We are scrambling to work with all inter-agencies and non profits supporting these efforts to mitigate these concerns as tensions rise with pending Mexican Political transitions

I will have some time potentially Friday afternoon before my flights home or Monday morning to circle back. I know this prolongs our connection but I’m hoping this works as the situation here demands a local and national response from McKesson.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Like Like x 1
  12. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that does seem to be quite a high percentage but that's what the Tijuana Health officials said. Most of them looked health if a bit overfed to me.

I think some of these illness are more like a stomach virus or a head cold, mild cases of the flu at the worst. The stats are missing a couple of thousand people:

• Three confirmed cases of tuberculosis.
    • Four cases of HIV/AIDS.
    • Four separate cases of chickenpox.
    • At least 101 have lice.
    • Multiple skin infections.

but it's not even meant to be a case against open borders, it's a public health report.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ooh, hit a raw nerve ey?

• Like Like x 1
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asking you of you have any compassion is not an ad hominen attack--it is asking you a question.

This thread merely mentioned that these people are sick according to Mexico and the UN.

You denied those facts.

These people are not elibible to enter the USA for any reason so their health has no bearing on that issue so you should not try to politicize the issue. Since you have no evidence that Mexico is lying, you should show some concern for how Mexico is going to provide for these people who have refused asylum in Mexico until they can be deported home.

15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the last 15 years or so we have seen a resurgence of diseases in America that we had gotten rid of like TB due to so many people from the "3rd world" coming here. Many of these people do have these diseases and for the life of me I cannot understand why we are letting them in. This is dumb, just plain dumb!

• Like Like x 1
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is what it is. Why would anyone think it's not the truth?

Do the deniers realize where these people come from? How could it be any other way?

PC has to go out the window when it comes to infectious diseases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have made an accusation here that you have not substantiated.

These invaders refused asylum in Mexico and therefore are not eligible to enter the USA, where welfare is higher.

We have tens of thousands of homeless and unemployed so we do not need anymore unskilled labor.

Vice-President Pence was in Mexico City on Saturday along with Ivanka Trump. AMLO is a Marxist but he likes Trump.

Convicted felon George Soros should pay Mexico for the burden to their welfare system and the cost of returning the invaders home. And the Democrats should also pay.

18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the fight to keep our country sovereign I believe to point at a race of people and to attempt to brand them as infectious disease carriers to win that fight amounts to a low blow. To condone that behavior because the people are a different race and nationality comes with its own set of …values.

I worked with cancer patients right here in the U.S.A. who had open sores that smelled, some had TB, some had HIV, some would neglect to tell you if they did have something and therefore I used precautions as if all had these infectious diseases but I never singled them out or let it affect the quality of my treatment of them. In fact, I was required to take an ethical oath to treat all patients the same.

In the case of these immigrants, where less than a dozen out of 6,000 have been tested to show some kind of infectious disease and to treat them all as if they all are contaminated and use it for an argument against them coming here is simply not an ethical argument in my book. You know and I know this will be unscrupulously inflated into a runny nose being an infectious disease to make claims such as this "1/3" declaration in the title of this thread and no doubt it makes a powerful argument for those anxious to accept it as one. But like I said, I would make many arguments against them coming here illegally but to take advantage and jump on the fear mongering bandwagon and try to justify the argument to keep them out because "they" (this foreign people) are infectious disease carriers would not be one of them. Take it or leave it…

• Like Like x 1
  19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Americans are racists fearmongers for believing what the UN, a liberal organization says, and what Mexico with a Marxist president says?

Legally, these people do not qualify because they declined asylum in Mexico.

The Dems are not going to donate one penny to these people in Tijuana.

The real racism is the fifty thousand homeless and unemployed blacks in LA alone. The Dems don't care about them at all.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it. Otherwise your post is just a false accusation.

• Like Like x 1