1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More than one?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Nov 1, 2017.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the thread “Life Verse” a post got my thoughts stirred.

Does the Scriptures hold to more than a single book of life called the “Lambs book of life?”

If there are, can one be blotted out of one and not the other?

Can one be in both?

Rev 17:8 has the “book of life” names written before the foundation of the earth. Is this not that “Lambs book of life?”

Why have multiple books of life?

If a name is blotted out, is that not the same as eternal condemnation?

If one is blotted out, does that mean they never existed?

If one has there name in the book of life of what value is it?

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can only find one book - singular. It is called the "Lambs book of life." Any other book of life is untitled - at least as far as I have worked through this thus far.

Now, the question is, does one loose salvation as a result of the blotting out of their name from this book.

No, for two reasons.

First, is that there is not any account of such being done in the Scriptures. Although it is mentioned that it could occur, unlike a statement of prophecy, there is no obligation that it actually does occur.

Second, It would make lies of such Scriptures as "Nothing can separate us from the love of God ... " Romans 8:38,9

Does anyone have a differing view?

Why?