1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mormonism and Romney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

First fo all CMG , you have no idea of what any other Mayor would have done under the circumstances. Secondly the real credit for holding up under fire during 9-11 goes to the brave Firefighters, Police and citizens who actually responded in quick order to have done all that could be done. Your girly boy wonder, Rudy, did make it for the photo ops though:thumbs:

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Rudy did an outstanding job during 911. And it is sily to amke attempts to belittle that.

3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

As a girlie-boy, Rudy did a great job.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you can refresh our memories of the great deeds that Giuliani did on September 11, 2001, since he did such an outstanding job in your eyes.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I see the DOR's are following lock step again.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I am still waiting for you to tell me, MP, if you would vote for Jim Jones since you say that it doesn't matter about Mormonism.

At any rate, I am for Thompson, not Rudy.

As for Kennedy's Catholicism, Catholicism is nominal Christianity but Mormonism is pure cultism that teaches that Jesus is just one of many, many gods.

As for the Mayor of Oklahoma City, maybe he had no ambitions.

What I have been saying about Rudy since he visited Indy and dined at a Jewish Deli for lunch is that people love Rudy and that Rudy has the common touch and will do well with big-city people. One man was telling me today that he lived in New York when Rudy was Mayor and Rudy did a good job of getting the bums out of the way of working people. He said that Bloomberg was not able to do that. Indianapolis has a problem with bums sleeping wherever they please and attending to the functions of nature wherever they please. Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a sick society that tolerates the filth of the homeless in the name of cultural diversity.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that you made a claim, Timmy, that you cannot back up. You start referring to DORs when you know you have lost the debate.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

What debate. False innuendos were made about Rudy. I said there was no reason to do so. He did a fine job. Of course if you want to listen to the liberal Kerry supporting unions who are launching the attacks on him go ahead. I'm qute sure that neither libertarians and dems who are both quite liberal do not have an agenda for their attacks.:laugh:

I do not support Rudy for President or any other office. But I certainly do not see a legitimate reason for criticism.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why can't you, Timmy, simply point out what actions that Giuliani did on September 11, 2001, that you think were so great? I don't recall him doing anything noteworthy on that day. Here is your chance to finally set me straight on something.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Well be straight on this, you sit from the cheap seats and bark out criticisms based on nothing but your politics. Any mayor in any city has a tough job during such circumstances. What did he do note worthy? He did his job instead of running home and doing nothing or leaving town like other mayors did in this country during crisis. He was on the scene observing what was going on not just sitting at his desk geting reports. You cant be any straighter than that.

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Well, I guess that is better than flying here and there without any rhyme or reason, like a scared chicken. :laugh:

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! I am sooooooooo impressed. I wish I could be considered a hero on my job by just observing. :rolleyes:

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, this statement proves that Rudy was a hero, as the Nine Eleven Commission said to Rudy.

If Bush had been assassinated on Nine Eleven, Democrats like MP would have said that he was too stupid to fly to safety until the Pentagon could determine the nature of the attack. When the military moved to protect the life of the commander in chief, Democrats like MP say that the commander in chief was a coward.

But Rudy was in the field at the scene of the attack.

War changes people and Rudy showed true grit that horrible day of Nine Eleven and common people love him for that act on Nine Eleven. He may never be President but Rudy will always be America's Mayor.

14. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

One reason Rudy was on the street directing this and that was because he had put the emergency response center in one of the World Tower buildings. He had done this against the advice of experts. His own command center was unusable! :laugh:

15. Magnetic Poles

I have never been, nor am I now, a member of the Democratic Party. In fact, I have explicitly stated this in the past here. I vote my conscience, not a party platform. I vote for Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and Independents.

If a Christian ethical standard is your benchmark, how can you support a serial adulterer like Rudy anyway? Your elevation of him to sainthood is grossly misplaced. Like someone else said, he is Mister Photo Op.

#35 Magnetic Poles, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    America is a country, not a city, not a village. Giuliani has never been and never will be my mayor unless he moves here and runs for the office of mayor and wins.

17. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't see that 'church mouse' has elevated Rudy to any kind of "sainthood". He simply pointed out an obvious good thing about Rudy.

Rudy has a huge problem with his support of the murdering of innocent life. If it wasn't for this HUGE ongoing unrepented of sin I could consider him for my vote.

But God will hold us accountable for the deeds while done in this body and when my voting record comes up I don't want the blood of babies on my hands.

A vote for a pro-murder candidate is a vote for the support of infant slaughter.

Same goes for anti-christ like Romney. I will vote as an ambassador for Jesus Christ as the scriptures dictate. We need not rely upon "conscience", we have the Word of God.

Is there anyone here who needs to repent of the ongoing sin of voting for candidates who turn the blind eye to the extermination of innocent babies?

God Bless! :thumbs:

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, that is just a title, an acolade. Reagan once remarked that movie star Mary Pickford was really a Canadian but that she was called America's Sweetheart. I suppose that Ken would say that unless he were single and dating her that she would never be his sweetheart, right?

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/4988/mary.html

19. Magnetic Poles

No, it's just marketing hype. Like America's Team.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, as that is actually true of the Dallas Cowboys. :)