1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mormons are crazy

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by The Harvest, Feb 19, 2003.

1. The Harvest

The Harvest New Member

haha, well there is some truth in that. you could apply titus 3:10 there i suppose. although i wouldn't say it is a waste of time to witness to them at all. just maybe to keep witnessing to the same one over and over.

2. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

Jimmy Carter was right, but not like he thought.
    It is pretty much a waste of time to witness to Mormons, or JW's for that matter.
    {Jimmy just wants to get along with everybody, regardless whether they are homicidal dictators or brainwashed cult members.

For those who don't know my situation, my daughter was led into Mormonism by a boy in college who led her to believe it was just another Christian church, not telling her about the parts they leave out of their warm and fuzzy commercials.
    They also do not reveal the more bizarre doctrines to new converts. They readily admit this practice.
    They are a deceitful people.
    Our director of missions {Dr. Bob may know Mike McKinney} related a story of a Baptist church undergoing a pastoral search who came very near to hiring a Mormon who was applying for the position. He didn't bother to divulge his LDS status but Mike became suspicious for some reason and outed the varmint.

They are not crazy but their doctrines certainly are. They are, however, gullible.

MR

3. Mitsy

Mitsy New Member

I will also add here that I have a very good friend who is Mormon who has neither tried to convert me nor tell me that I am wrong in my belief system. I've respected her as a person and have found we have much in common (things other than spiritual beliefs). When I first met her, I'd have to say I was very anti-Mormon. To become close friends with someone of such a different faith was surprising to me, but I do believe God put her in my life. Maybe I have witnessed in some small way to her, but I don't feel it's my job to get her out of Mormonism. Her whole family and husband's family are all members.

Although I still believe the Mormon faith to be a sham, a fraternal-like pseudo-religion, I have found tolerance for others of very different faiths. I have been able to do what I thought Jesus wanted me to do in regard to this person. She lives out of state and we talk via e-mail and messenger and on the phone occasionally. She knows I don't buy the Joseph Smith myth of him being a prophet though. That pretty much speaks volumes as to how I feel about her belief. Who knows...down the road maybe someone else will have a bigger influence on her as far as her belief system goes.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a fine line between standing boldly for the truth and being offensive/obnoxious and turning people away from the truth.

We need to stand, but we need to recognize the eternal worth of a soul. Recognize that every word we speak is sowing or watering.

God will bring in the harvest. [​IMG]

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Right, which begs the question, if LDS leaders have declared that the Bible is mistranslated, then why does the BoM borry so liberally from it and what does this say about the BoM?

Yes. He had many scrapes with the law and died in a bloody gun battle.

Yes. I just had a particularly frustrating conversation on another board with a couple of Mormons. All but one didn't even know what Mormonism teaches and he ran away once he realized that there were Christians there who knew enough about the Bible and enough about the BoM to be able to compare the two.

There was another one who insisted that Mormons were Christians and that Mormonism was valid because they "have faith in Jesus". He refused to address the differences between the Mormon Jesus and the Christian Jesus or the fact that Mormonism doesn't teach grace alone, but grace plus the observance of works and temple rituals.

They also define salvation differently.

In mormon theology, there is no Hell, only the terrestrial "heaven".

6. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Mormonism is an exceedingly false, pagan, vile and totally evil religious cult that borrows some terms and language of christianity.

It's members who are active (many are not well informed, just sucked in as dupes with the slick pro-family ads) are as DANGEROUS AS RATTLESNAKES and out here in Wyoming, we treat them the same.

To wish "God speed" (good day) to a Mormon is tantamount to joining them. As a Baptist, I am amazed at the "goody goody" attitude on this baptist-only forum that would not want to bash mormonism.

Hello? PRAISE GOD FOR BASHING A FALSE RELIGION LIKE MORMONISM

[Remember, love the people caught in its evil web. And such were some of us. But hate and fight with every ounce this pernicious false teaching.]
    PRAISE THE LORD FOR A MAN WITH GUTS!! There is so much milk toast "Christianity" on this board I'm sick. Thank you Dr. Bob for taking a stand on an issue. Thank you for calling wrong wrong and right right!There is so much junk here. Nothing is wrong. Nobody wants to offend any one. Thank you brother for taking a clear position.

7. Watchman

Watchman New Member

I wholeheartedly agree with Dr. Bob and Shiloh. Winding up in these cults is what can happen to people who are not rooted and grounded in God's Word. Satan (or his missionaires: LDS, JW's. etc..)goeth about as a roaring lion, seeking whomsoever he (and they!)may devour. To have anything to do with them is an unequal yoke. But it is also true that, "The Lord has no pleasure in the wicked that they perrish." They need the one true living Christ, God incarnate; but, it is difficult to get past their indoctrination. I know, I work with a JW.