1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moses or Christ?: Paul’s Reply to Dispensational Error

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Sep 16, 2021.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The inconsistency of former but otherwise sound theologians who pursued the millennialist fantasy is testified by our dispensationalists today who indignantly strike from the chapter headings of the Authorized Version of the Bible any references to “the Church” found in those headings throughout the Old Testament prophets. We are on common ground therefore acknowledging that the millennialism of the older theologians was inconsistent with modern dispensationalism or even with more moderate post-millennialism. These men cannot be quoted as experts on prophetical interpretation, but we have every ground for asserting that if they had lived after the invention of the dispensational heresy, they would have fled in dismay from their millennial house and cried havoc!"

Rest of this excellent treatise is at Microsoft Word - MOSES OR CHRIST _C. D. Alexander_.docx (wsimg.com) which is on the website of Grace Baptist Church of Ruston.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken... If I could, I would give you three stars... I was NEVER taught a millennialist doctrine in the Old Line/Old School Primitive Baptist Church I grew up in and later joined... Our preachers NEVER preached it and all we were taught was when Jesus Christ our redeemer and Savior returns for his people, he is going to resurrect them and they are going straight to glory... When I first joined this board many years ago, since then I have heard many flips and spins and different interpretation on the same thing... Pre, Post and everything in between and I still don't believe it... Thank you for the article... I read the whole thing and agree with C. D. Alexander 100% on his explanation and will delve in further into the book of Galatians... I'm sure you are aware you are going to get flack on this OP... There will be a few who may agree like me, I do know one who will and many who might... But many will disagree and send money to the Jewish factions who will gladly receive it... I heard it ALL in over the time I've been here off and on for twenty years... I shall watch from the sideline, because I feel that this OP will not be ignored and will get very lively, while I absorb more of this excellent treatise, in private... Brother Glen:)

Btw... I know some are going to say... Well you brought into what your church taught?... See that's where you are wrong... I searched it out for myself, to what the church taught was true and I kicked what was untrue to the curb, just like the Bereans

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

#2 tyndale1946, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the kind words about the OP, Brother Glen @tyndale1946 !

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The accusation is not clear. Jesus BTW taught the gospel is Jewish, John 4:22 and the reason Jews did not follow Jesus was they did not follow Moses' teaching to follow Jesus. John 5:46-47. So the theme of the article is puzzling. I need to reread it.