1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Most Americans think economy is 'getting worse'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I could have sworn that back in 2010 or 2011, you insisted that the state of the economy during a presidency was actually because of what happened in the previous presidency, but it took that long to take effect.

Regardless of whether or not I'm right about you saying it, it's the truth. A president can't make changes overnight. The changes a president institutes will take years (normally) to have an impact.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shutting down the coal industry has immediate effects.Fundamentally changing the way healthcare works has immediate effects.

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

The healthcare issue was on my mind when I wrote that. That's why I added the "normally" in there.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well it is my view that "normally" doesn't ever fit obama. he has made changes to more than one industry knowing the costs associated with them. He has worked to hide those costs till the last minute or when he gets out of office. History will not be kind to him.