1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Most Difficult Concept

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, Sep 29, 2021.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would agree that the believer who tries the spirits to see if it be of God, can follow their conscience.

But those who have no discernment certainly don’t need to follow their conscience.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, but who I’m I to tell another believer their conscience isn’t working right on issues that really have no clear biblical commands?

peace to you

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your conscience can deceive you. Look at Islam. Only God's word can be the guide for your conscience.

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot find any believer in the NT, except Peter whom Christ rebuked, using violence in self-defense. You only see Paul defending himself with civil law occasionally. Don't add to God's word.

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the Christian, God Holy Spirit guides us into all truth as well.

When scripture is not specific, we must allow Christians to follow their conscience with much grace; being convinced in our own minds.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can scripture be non-specific when it says "be not unequally yoked with unbelievers"? Or "love your enemies"? Or "Resist not evil"? Did you know John says any who do not have the Sermon, also do not have God? Quit making excuses for blatant sin and try to follow Christ instead.

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tell you what, don’t accuse me of making excuses for “blatant sin” and of not following my Lord Jesus. That is not true and slanderous.

Whether or not Christians should serve in the military, defend themselves against violence, serve in law enforcement or support the death penalty has been debated by Christian men and women of good conscience for many centuries.

I’m done with discussing this with you.

thanks for the conversation

peace to you

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    John says if you do not have the Sermon on the Mount, you do not have God. Proof available for serious discussion.

9. Bible Scanned

Bible Scanned Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The resurrection of dead bones when they are raised a spiritual body. I believe it (100%), but the science of it eludes me. I know that Paul spoke of a seed being sown and dying to give life to something entirely different, and I believe Paul too, but ... the reality of it is really difficult to understand.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same physicals body that we die in will get raised up and glorified, to be same as the body Jesus now has!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should study the incarnation passages of scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Trinity.
    I believe it but the depth of it is awesomely confusing and yet clear and profound and on and on and on.

God is ......

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realize that I separated the Trinity into 3 separate entities with most of my concentration being on Jesus the Christ whom I could accept as my lord and savior. My problem was with God the Father. I did not have a good relationship with my father who could be demeaning, insulting and down right violent. He was erratic and mercurial and I learned unfaithful to my mother and for years I hated him. As it happened he died when I was 12 yo to my relief. So how could I even dream of relating with a father figure… how could I have a relationship with a God who constantly punishes… took me a long time to understand the relationship.