1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Most/Least Favorite Airline

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Su found that Singapore Airlines got the highest ranking in a Conde Nast poll.

What would get YOUR highest (or lowest) ranking?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Highest - Cathay Pacific. Very comfortable and serviceable for long trans-Pacific flights. Feed you every 2 hours (my kind of trip).

Lowest - Aeroflot. Cannot tell you the fear I've had on those planes.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have liked British airways. Generally.

I have disliked Ukraine Air.

4. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you flown SIA?
    It's really expensive for us. But recently, due to the slum, they've been giving really really good deals. That's why we could fly to Manchester in 2003 on our own national carrier ( :rolleyes: )first time in like twenty years????

Not the first time for my husband because when the military does overseas exercises, they get to fly on the national carrier too...

It was so nice to hear the steward say, "Wah Lao" in private. (A local exclaimation when things don't go smoothly....he was trying to play the take off instructions and the thing was stalling on him.)

I was very impressed by the service. I was holding my baby's bottle when we were soon to touch down in Manchester. I wanted to fill it with water so Abi could have something along the way when we got off. But the service area was really busy so i just sat and waited with the bottle in my hand. A stewardess comes to me and took the initiative to ask me if i wanted the bottle filled, and with orange juice! I was so grateful. She filled the whole bottle full. Dan felt bad that we were taking so much but i reminded him, well, we're paying quite a bit too. so.... [​IMG]

I remember Olympic Airways.... (but that was back in '88). Greek. the blanket was still on the seat with the imprint of the previous occupier's behind firmly set into the seat.... [​IMG]

I've tried Luthstansa (sp?). German. I thought it was so cool the stewardesses were serving in jeans. [​IMG]

I've tried Garuda. Indonesian. The stewrdess goes down the isle asking,"Sir, chicken or fiss?"
    [​IMG]

I've tried one of the CHina airlines. Frightful toilets even there... :eek:

The most often we fly on is Qantas. No complaints there. Everything's very aussie pleasant. And we love to take the kiddy goodie bags. [​IMG]

5. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    opps... so to answer the question.

Highest ranking: Singapore Airlines!

Lowest: that China one i can't even remember the name of... :rolleyes: I think it China South or China Southeast or something like that..Oh boy... :rolleyes:

6. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Travel Savvy Magazine rates:

"Best Airline to Central/South America:
    Lan Chile

Best Airline to Northern Europe and
    Russia/Commonwealth of Independent States:
    Scandinavian Airlines

Best Domestic Airlines:
    American Airlines

Best Airline to Africa:
    South African Airways

Best International Airline:
    British Airways

Best Airline to Australia/New Zealand:
    Cathay Pacific Airways

Best Overall Airline:
    Singapore Airlines

Best Airline to Eastern European Countries:
    Lufthansa"

(And that's how you spell Lufthansa! [​IMG] )

7. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there you go, Saggy! British Airways! [​IMG]

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is Alia (Royal Jordanian) in the mix? It is the only all-smoking, all terrorist-looking, no service unless you speak Arabic, only one working bathroom for 300+ people flight I've ever endured.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

British Airways is usually good, but traveling to Skopje, Macedonia, 3 yrs ago, the pilot suddenly announced 30 min. before the landing that we were going to land in Sofia, Bulgaria because Skopje was fogged in!

We sat around the smoky airport for awhile, finally getting on 2 buses that took off an hour apart. At the border, they decided not to let the Albanians aboard through (my son and I were the only US citizens on the bus) and told us to get off the bus. There was no advice as to what to do until someone pointed to a bus in the shadows (the first bus that had left before us) and said we would have to get on that one. We barely got our luggage to fit in.

We arrived hours later at midnight instead of the scheduled 3 pm (and we had flown from the US that day via London -- it was about an 18 hr. trip). British Airways did nothing to help us in the Sofia airport -- and did not even tell us about the buses. A fellow passenger discovered them by accident.