1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mostly Democratic-run States Are A Total Disaster, Have The Worst Economies

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The American Legislative Exchange Council released their “Rich States, Poor States” report last week and shocker—mostly Democratic-run states are a disaster concerning economic performance and competitiveness. ALEC included the top and bottom ten states in the press release announcing the 10th edition of the report. NTK Network broke down who controls what in the respective state legislatures of these low performing states as well.

[​IMG]

#41: Oregon (Dems control the legislature and governor’s office)

#42: Maine (Dems split control of the legislature with Republicans)

#43: Hawaii (Dems control the legislature and governor’s office)

#44: Illinois (Dems control the legislature)

#45: Minnesota (Dems control the governor’s office)

#46: Connecticut (Dems control the legislature and governor’s office)

#47: California (Dems control the legislature and governor’s office)

#48: New Jersey (Dems control the legislature)

#49: Vermont (Dems control the legislature)

#50: New York (Dems control the legislature and governor’s office)

ALEC: Mostly Democratic-run States Are A Total Disaster, Have The Worst Economies

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, but, NJ has Chris Christy... and he promised:Mad

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They're dead wrong about Minnesota. It makes me doubt the entire list.

I see they don't actually compare economic data and outcomes, they compare policy positions.

Minnesota will have a $1.65 billion budget surplus for the next two years — until lawmakers get their hands on it in coming months.

The new $45.7 billion budget forecast, released Tuesday, is an increase over the $1.4 billion surplus projected in December, and reflects a stronger outlook for Minnesota’s economy.

The bigger surplus projection is driven by expectations of faster growth in the state’s tax revenues compared with the December estimate. In particular, state income tax projections are up by $274 million over November, a 1.1 percent increase. Corporate tax projections are up $69 million, or 2.6 percent.

The state’s economists are predicting this revenue growth because they believe the state’s economy will grow faster, too — leading to more money for Minnesotans and thus more tax payments.

Minnesota budget surplus grows — now what will lawmakers do with it? – Twin Cities

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

#3 InTheLight, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You gave a general overview and I agree.
    Of course "any" particular state has a population with varying views.
    You gave a general consensus of the majority in particular states and consequences of the majorities view, and I agree.

When an individual state runs out of a FEW (not the majority) wealthy to TAKE their wealth and provide to others, the economic balance falls, and the state then turns to the Feds to TAKE wealth from citizens of ALL the states and provide for citizens of individual states.

Either way, it is redistribution of wealth by theft. And I agree, states that are majority democrat states, top the list of exerting their efforts of always looking for a way to obtain an others wealth, instead of exerting their efforts to taking care of themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As someone who lives in Alabama I find this incredibly funny.

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect there are people in Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and other red states that think it's funny too.

Take a look at the Kansas experiment. They followed Republican economic theory and drastically cut taxes across the board. The state is in debt, education is severely underfunded, and people are leaving the state. There was a special election in the 4th district in Kansas to fill Mike Pompeo's seat (he became director of the CIA). Pompeo had won his seat with 61% of the vote last November. Just 2 weeks ago the Republican won with 52% of the vote in the special election.

8. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I find nothing funny about a government that encourages people to be dependents and nothing funny about the people clamoring to be first in line to willingly submit their liberty to a government that becomes their master.

Nor do I expect years of corruption to be corrected over night because an election was held.

Nor do I expect a religious war to be settled with a political solution.

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indiana has a lot of low-paying jobs. And there is great unfunded pension liability in areas such as teacher pensions and police and firefighters pensions. Indiana will never address those problems. Indiana has high state income taxes and high automobile taxes. It is not a good place to be poor like so many of us are in Indiana. This is the rust belt still.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, and it's mostly solid red.

11. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the rural areas where the deplorables live are solid red--some of them 2 -1 red. The Democrat strongholds are the Calumet area (Gary), the dying city of South Bend, the crime-ridden city of Indianapolis, and the left-wing stronghold of Bloomington where Indiana University is. I think what makes Indiana rank so high on the list is that a person can be fired at the will of the employer and the state government is somewhat fiscally disciplined thanks to Mitch Daniels, former Governor and now President of Purdue University. The squalor in Gary, South Bend and Indianapolis is sickening.