1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr. Berrian

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Christopher, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

Brethren,

I totally object to this statement:

(Matt. 10:5-6) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

(Matt. 15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

(Eph. 2:11-13) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

To God be the glory both now and forever, Christopher

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Were the gentiles shut off for good? No; this was only a temporary instruction while Israel was reached out to first. Then in Romans 9, we see that it was Israel that was "hardened" and grace shown to the gentiles. Even before this, any gentile could come and be apart of God's covenant people if they kept the Law, so no individuals were ever excluded, only groups for a time.

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Good post Eric . . . The Jews can and will be grafted in again, in the future according to the Apostle Paul. Romans 11:23 says, 'And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in; for God is able to graff them in again.' He is not the hateful Almighty that some portray Him to be in theology books. Those Israeli bones will come together in Ezekiel 37 and during the Great Tribulation and He will be our Sovereign in the Kingdom Age. {Millinimum} The 'one King' of vs. 22 is Christ and His Temple will rise again as noted in 37:26 & 27. ' . . . and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.' Notice He did not say, 'I will set Myself in the midst of them forever.' This will be a true fact that He will be among His people, but Christ wants us to know that His sanctuary will be a true and bonified Millinnial Temple. And then as to press the point, He says, 'My tablernacle also shall be with them . . . ' He did not say that 'I will tabernacle among or with them.' This will also be true, but He is trying to have people understand that His tabernacle will be among His people.

Ray

4. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Were individual Gentile's shut off for good? Yes, the moment Abram was called of God.

Were individual Jews cut off for good? Yes, many times over. There is no getting around that election unto salvation is individual, and dependent upon the electing mercy of God:

Rom 9:16 and So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

5. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Do you fail to see the logical fallacy of this statement? :rolleyes:

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Ruth and Rahab were in pagan groups and yet they were adopted into the family of God. You will clearly note that they were included in the royal lineage leading to the birth of our Lord. [Matthew 1:5] 'And Salmon begat Boozof Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of RUTH and Obed begat Jesse; And Jesse begat David the king . . . '

[Hebrews 11:31] 'By faith the harlot RAHAB perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.'

God's alleged decrees did not stop these two women of God from believing unto everlasting life.

Respectfully,

Ray

7. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is that? As Ray pointed out, individual gentiles did get saved, as I had said, so how in the world does Abram's calling exclude anyone from salvation? If that was the case, then do you see the logical fallacy of
    (According to your logic, salvation is in Abram's calling, so all of his seed should be saved.)

8. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Eric B,

Your post dated March 1 at 10:18 p.m. nails down the exact truth. In my opinion, I think you summarized the issue very well.

Was it not a courtesy call that God opened the Gospel first to His own nationality? 'The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David' spoke first to His own race.

You and I must keep in mind that it was really His sovereign decision. {I am serious about this last sentence}

Dr. Berrian