1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ms. California gets to keep her crown

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by BigBossman, May 13, 2009.

1. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday, Donald Trump made the decision for Carrie Prejean (Ms. California USA) to keep her crown. Yesterday he made the statement that "We are in the 21st century. We have determined the pictures taken are fine". Concerning her opinion on same sex marriage, Trump stated: "It's the same answer that the president of the United States gave. She gave an honorable answer. She gave an answer from her heart."

While I don't entirely agree with Donald Trump's reasons for her keeping her crown, I do agree with his decision. I believe the reason he allowed her to keep the crown was for ratings & publicity. He even was asked if Perez Hilton will be allowed to judge in the future pagents & he said that he would.

I felt like that the attacks against her were unjustified. She was asked a question about homosexual marriage & she was not only truthful, but also careful about how she answered. The pictures didn't surface until after she made her opinion known. Furthermore, I have to agree with her regarding her response to taking photos. She has had work as a model & models do take pictures.

I also have a high amount of respect for her not apologizing & for not compromising her beliefs.

I can relate to what happened to her, because I had a similar incident that occurred to me. In 2002, I was demoted from assistant security director to security officer for making my feelings known about homosexuality. I also refused to apologize for what I believed. Even though they didn't come out & say it, I got an idea that's what they were trying to get out of me.