1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mueller's done, and Dems should be too — because Trump is no Nixon

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The big difference between today and what happened in 1998 or during the Nixon era is that, at the end of the day, the Mueller investigators found no stained dress, no break-in, no hush money, no enemies list. There never was a crime, and what seemed far-fetched was simply that — this time, a duly elected president was investigated for a crime that never even existed. In fact, evidence is mounting that the investigation itself was launched on phony grounds.

And so, the screaming partisan antics of Democrats in the House are likely to set the Democratic Party back a decade if they do not get a grip on themselves. In partisan unison, with scripted talking points, they keep calling everyone else “partisan.” It simply does not pass the laugh test at this point.

But the problem is that Reps. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) and Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) are congressmen from safe districts who are nobodies if they have no investigations to launch. It’s in the interest of their egos to keep it all going so that they can have daily press availabilities. And they are whipping up their political bases. It will take some Democrats of courage to turn this off and stop the abuse of going after the president’s financial records. These are the kinds of things Nixon was doing, and there is no justification for those in Congress to be doing exactly those things for which Nixon resigned from office — going after his political enemies.

As I predicted in earlier columns, the Mueller report was always going to try to paint a picture of obstruction of justice. It was a lot weaker than I thought it would be because the alleged acts of obstruction are nothing more than acts the president could have legally taken or ordered.

Mueller's done, and Dems should be too — because Trump is no Nixon

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought is was too. I always thought President Trump would pass through these waters somehow someway but thought it would be somewhat more turbulent than it ended up. The whole investigation to the American people has come across as one big dud. It's sort of like the feel is this all that came out of it as the end result? I tend to think the Dems will be punished for this in the next election . We'll see.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that’s the case, why not just provide the full underacted report to Congress?

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    With some of the redacted material Grand Jury testimony, they can't.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since no collusion or criminal indictments for obstruction were issued just what do you think they will find? Parking tickets?