1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Murder?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then the action can be considered a "hate crime" and the punishment will be much more severe. Also it help the Prosecutor - as he will have more sympathy from the jury - it may not be right - but thats the way the system works

He also could have been playing possum?

Recently, a man was shot in Syracuse - three LEO's were involved. Many shots were fired, but only 4 hit the suspect. Makes me wonder about their marksmanship ability

2. billwald

billwald New Member

If you shoot someone make sure they are dead. Dead people generally can't tell lies about you in court.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Salty, does your comment " - it may not be right - " refer to your first sentence (about hate crime) as well as the second? If not, surely it should. Unless there was evidence that either the merchant or the teenager acted as they did (robbing or shooting) because of the colour/ethnicity of the other, why should the judiciary even entertain the idea that those actions were "hate crimes"? (You are probably thinking, as I am in this context, of racially-motivated hate crimes; after all, when someone shoots or robs a person of the same race as him, he is hardly showing love! :) )
    LEO= Law Enforcement Officer? I don't know enough about the shooting in Syracuse to make a judgement. But you call the man being shot at a "suspect", so perhaps the LEOs were attempting to stop him, and being very careful not to wound him seriously, or worse, leaving it to the courts to decide if the suspect is guilty or not.