1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Museums, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does it have pictures of the hole in his head? Or JWB's gun? Now THAT would be interesting.

Seriously, why in Ft Wayne and not Springfield?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Chester Beatty Library in Dublin - free and has some of the oldest Bible manuscripts in the world. Many second century texts and part of the Ryland Papyrus.

Ancient Bibles - amazing.

3. Turpius

Turpius New Member

Dr. Bob,

The Lincoln Museum is the largest PRIVATE museum dealing with Lincoln times and memorabilia. It is owned and operated by Lincoln Financial, some big insurance company in that part of Indiana. The founders liked Lincoln and thought the name would convey the thrift and honesty they intended their customers to think of them for. I don't know exactly how much authentic Lincoln artifacts they have, the major part of the museum is more about show what times were like during his and his wife's lifetimes. There is also a small research center there for scholars as well as the obligatory giftshop. Entrance fee is nominal and they do have some changing exibits from time to time.

Ken

4. Turpius

Turpius New Member

Roger,

Chester Beatty Library! ooohhh droooolll!!!!! [​IMG]

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

And best of all, as I mentioned - it is FREE!!!!!

Come on over and we will go look!

6. Turpius

Turpius New Member

I dunno Roger, you get me in a library like that and I may never come out! :D

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That's okay - they'll let you stay, then we can walk down the street to the Trinity College "Long Hall" library -

[​IMG]

but before we go upstairs to that we can see the 9th century Book of Kells

[​IMG]

8. Turpius

Turpius New Member

Cleveland (OH)has several museums in one area called University Circle, (due to it being next to Case Western University)there is an Art Museum, Natural History Museum, Western Reserve Museum(local History), an Auto museum, the home of the Cleveland Symphony, and several other cultural places nearby.