1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Muslims Demand Texas Pig Farmer Move So They Can Build A Mosque, He Does THIS Instead

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A rather old story that needs updating

Long-awaited Islamic center celebrated in Katy [LINK]
    By Sebastian Herrera, Houston Chronicle // June 16, 2015

The year of its inception, the center caught national headlines when Craig Baker, the owner of a next-door granite-and-marble countertop business, began hosting pig races to oppose the center after a dispute.

Baker became upset when he said members of the center called him a liar at a town meeting after he claimed the center told him he should move his business. Baker Road is named after his family, which has lived in the area since 1817.

Knowing the Islamic dietary prohibition against eating pork, Baker chose to assemble the pig races on Fridays - Muslim's holiest prayer day.

At the time, an online page against the mosque also existed, and the center received complaints from the property's homeowner association about the center's nighttime lighting.

Since then, Ebaid said, relations have flipped between the center and its surrounding community.

"I think we got a taste (then) of a challenge from the society at large. (The Katy) community was just concerned then about how the center would affect the neighborhood around it, how it would fit within the community - and those were valid concerns," Ebaid said.

"We opened a channel of communication about what we were doing and how we were doing it. We are very happy with the relationship we now enjoy with our neighbors.

"Mr. Craig Baker is now a friend of ours, and we regularly meet with him and communicate with each other. Now it's a success story because we work together," Ebaid said.

Baker agreed with Ebaid's comments, saying the incident is long past and the community appears to be accepting.

"Everything has been good," Baker said. "We haven't had any problems since they apologized to me (for allegedly lying). We have a real good relations now as far as I'm concerned. They've been peaceful and respectful."

• Like Like x 2
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poor snowflake Shep must have almost melted when he had to report this story.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    The headline is clickbait. And really, really dated. I haven't been able to determine exactly why Baker thought the new owners of the property wanted him to move. Did they really ask him to do that, or were they not communicating effectively? (After all, English appears to have been a second language for folks on both sides.)

While it is possible the Muslims asked him to relocate his fine swine, it hardly seems likely when they had just spent a bundle on the land and were going to press ahead on the basis of their property rights — the same Baker had.

The silliness of Baker's pig races — whether his concerns were well-founded or not — is a classic case of knowing nothing about Muslims except what you've learned at a clickbait site. (Kind of like the story, which some people in high places continue to spout, about rubbing bullets in pork to scare off Muslim attackers. Apparently Allah is smart enough to know that his adherents cannot determine if a bullet coming at them is haraam or not, so they shouldn't worry about it.

Eating pork is forbidden. Eating dogs is forbidden. But Muslims keep dogs as pets. (Cats too, which fall under the same ban because they have canines — the reason that Muslims can't consume other humans, BTW — though why anyone would invite one of those merciless killers into his home is beyond me. I would add that the cat sitting on my chest as I type this is glaring at me disapprovingly. She'll get over it when I put some turkey and giblets in her bowl.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You guys think the guy that posted this thread will come back and address any of this or participate in his own thread. Nah. This place is just his personal bulletin board.