1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Muslims drawn to Pentagon attack site

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rebuilt as worship space that's especially popular with devout Muslims who unroll prayer rugs and chant there throughout the day:

Washington Post lauds Manal Ezzat as 9/11 hero—she created a religious haven at the Pentagon

"Eighteen years ago on a September morning she’ll never forget, Manal Ezzat fled from the burning Pentagon building in such a panicked rush that her hijab fell off. The next day, when the fires were still burning, Ezzat set to her task of rebuilding....Today, at the very spot where the plane piloted by terrorists crashed into the Pentagon, there is a chapel."

"Ezzat, an Army Corps of Engineers employee who was project manager for the Army’s space in the Pentagon at the time of the attack, knew right away when she and her co-workers were charged with designing the reconstruction that she didn’t want to make that segment of the Pentagon into office space again."

"For Ezzat — who is Muslim and who was bothered by those who blamed her entire religion because the terrorists who attacked the Pentagon were Muslim extremists — seeing Muslims who are devoted U.S. military employees at prayer in the chapel is fulfilling....she herself prays, five times a day."

"Ezzat said she appreciates that her team created a prayer space where Muslims who devote their careers to America’s security can worship....'In Islam, we believe prayers — supplications — to the dead reach them, wherever they are'."

"Qawiy Abdullah Sabree, a cybersecurity expert who has been a civilian employee at the Pentagon for 27 years, goes to the chapel every day, sometimes twice on Fridays....'It’s a very good thing to have,' he said. 'The Pentagon is a place for employment....It’s a privilege to have a place for prayer'."

pentagon - Copy.jpg

2. Just_Ahead

Just_Ahead Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Worship space is always good wherever and whenever you find it.

I used to work for a grocery store with a "quiet room" adjacent to the employee break area. Some employees, myself included, would go into the quiet room for breaks, lunches, and, as another employee put it, "A place to go and remember who you are."

More often than not, people could be found in our worship space reading Scripture or streaming ancestral culture on their smart phones. Once, I ran into an employee reading their e-mail with photos sent from their family on an island in Indonesia. We both had a few minutes left in our 30-minute lunch time. I asked about their home and relatives. They enjoyed showing me a few photos and sharing a story or two.

I returned to work with a smile, feeling the peace and glow that worship and prayer brings.

Amen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Muslims view that as conquering that area for Islam

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith: