1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Muslims Make Disturbing Move Against NJ Schools… School Board SHUTS Them Down

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I found it a bit off when Christmas Day needed to end staffed, those of no faith or non Christian demanded the day off, thus causing maximal agro. for those who wanted to attend Christmas Church services.

Mel

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in Middle School (we called it Junior High School back then) in the 1950s and when the weather started to warm up in the spring we would bring our .22 rifles to school, along with a box of ammunition, so we could go squirrel hunting after school let out.

I rode my bike to school with my Winchester .22 rifle slung over my back. I rode past the police department, past the crossing guards, and parked my bike in the bike rack.

I then walked into my school with the rifle still slung over my back. I opened my locker and put the rifle in the locker until after school.

While walking toward my locker the Principal was coming down the hall from the other direction and noticed my rifle. His only comment was "Nice rifle. Going hunting after school?"

Times have really changed! The vast majority of mass shootings in schools date to after the "Gun-Free School Zones Act" passed in 1990 and signed into law by the first President Bush. It was augmented by the Gun-Free Schools Act of 1994. The Clinton administration then passed the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997, which corrected some of the unconstitutional issues with the 1990 act.

And, of course, by passing such laws the federal government has made every school in the US a killing field for mental and social misfits. It has produced "Criminal Protection Zones" insuring only the criminals will be in possession of firearms on school property.

Thank God I live in Texas where we care enough for our children that teachers and administrators are allowed to carry firearms to protect the lives of our children and grandchildren!

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member