1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Must a gift be effectually given for the giver to receive the credit?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Dec 30, 2009.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Umm, yes, I admit I post here. But I certainly post on more than one subject. I post on what we're having for dinner. I post in a thread with people I consider my friends. I post answering silly questions and I post in discussions. I don't think I've ever only posted on one subject forever. Seriously, you've started 7 threads just today - on one topic. You started 69 threads since you've been here that I can see. Of those, 3 were on the election (not meaning the election of God but the election of the president) and 4 were on translations.

But may I use your own words to ask you something? Yes, this was in regards to the KJVO argument but it applies here.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

So, I don't post about dinner and other frivolous matters because I have a life outside this forum. I come here to discuss theology. And though the topics hinge around the Cal/Arm debate they are all dealing with the doctrines of salvation. Is there any subject much more important than that? Oh, I know, I had pizza tonight, what did you guys have? I talk about that with my family and friends...here I discuss theological issues that I'm working through.

Why discuss this? Probably the same reason you spend so much time discussing it...you have afterall responded to alot of post about the Cal/Arm thing...probably more than me. I enjoy it and I'm sharpening up on this subject for some research I'm doing. And for your info, I have changed a couple of minds over the years and kept several from going over to the "dark side." One from this forum and the others from the "real world."

By the way, you talk as if I have an obsession, but what kind of obsession must you have to "win an argument" for you to take the time to go and actually count all my posts on this subject and document the number of those off the topic of Cal/Arm...and then find this ancient KJV quote? Kinda sad.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - Eh - not really. When you start 7 posts in one day on the same subject, it says a lot.

But now I'm no longer sick (I've been sick since the day after Christmas and today was my first day even out of the house) so I won't be posting nearly as much after this. Tomorrow will find me taking care of horses, working at church and then getting ready for company. So no more sitting around in bed posting.

Why don't we both step away and get into real life instead? It's MUCH better than rehashing and not listening, wouldn't you say?

4. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

You win. I hate to be an enabler to your obsession. You may have the last word. :)