1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Must all true fandamentalisls be Non-Calvinistic? Yes

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Van, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No I don't. God has to create people in order to be loved by them. But love is a choice. Therefore all people are given a choice. When God has finished with His plan, He will have a family of children that love Him. Those that choose to hate Him will be damned, of their own choice, not God's.

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

God does His drawing through the preaching of the Word of God.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Looks like your DoG doctrine has failed to teach you humility at all.

As far as you reaching the lost is concerned, Praise God! The only thing I would add is that hopefully they will finally realize the error of Calvinism.

BTW, you do know that the Charismatic church is also growing by leaps and bounds, as is the Jehovah's Witnesses. Growth alone proves someone would make a good used car salesman, it doen't mean they are preaching the truth!

Now, before you get your undies in a wad, I don't believe you are preaching heresy. I just believe you are adding Calvinism to the Gospel of Christ.

4. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I don't really know why, but there are verses in Ephesians, romans, and elsewhere that seem to say this, and I haven't found a satisfactory interpretation that has convinced me otherwise.

5. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Amy, you have the same issue. you can pretend you don't, but it's still the same issue. I agree totally that those damned in hell will go their "of their own choice. But that's not the point. The point is that there will be people that God created knowing that they would end up in hell but He could have saved them. No one will be in hell that wanted to come to Christ. No one will be in hell that their choice was Christ.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It is not a deficiency of humility to set you straight concerning your hateful and unfounded accusations.

I only notified you that numeorus people have come to Christ here through God's gracious hand on my ministry because you accused me of what you accused me.

If you want to talk humility, I will be glad to engage you in that topic.

Humility is not- thinking that you don't need anyone to help you understand the Scripture.

Humility is certainly not- ignoring the history of the Christian Church and saying "Who needs it!?! The HOLY GHOST speaks to ME!!"

Humility is not spitting on your forefathers, many of whom were Calvinists and MOST of whom were Protestant, to whom you owe a great debt for everything that you have.

Humility is not- being horrifically uneducated and yet speaking with the authority of one who has invested multiplied thousands of dollars and hours and sweat and tears to be trained by some of the worlds brightest theologians. And at the same time snubbing your uneducated nose at the ones who do make such sacrifice as if they wasted their time because they are STILL not as smart theologically as YOU ARE. Why? Because GOD SPEAKS TO YOU!!!!! BTW, I am not one of those. I do not have such a degree. So I am not talking about myself.

Humility is not attacking a theological viewpoint as near heresy which some of the greatest churches and preachers and missionaries of all time heartily embraced. Jonathan Edwards, George Whitefield, Charles Spurgeon, William Carey, Adoniram Judson, John Knox, W. A. Criswell, etc...

Here's a fact. Those, like yourself, who start attacks on other's humility are usually the ones who are the least humble themselves. And those that they call arrogant are often far better examples of humility than they who questioned their humility are.

A Bible Study on what humility ACTUALLY is would do some folks a lot of good- if only they were humble enough to benefit from it.

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Where would the people that get saved receive their faith from though?

is it a part of us 'naturally?"

Do we have sinful natures that are at war against God and CANNOT submit to Him or not?( as per the Bible!)

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Very good point. Since I have been attending an extremely legalistic IFB with my daughter's family lately, I have noticed their lack of believing in Calvanism (or vice versa in many SBC churches I have attended) is simply the way they interpret it. Being that God has fore-knowledge of everything then it would be easy to say that He has "picked" those people to go to hell or heaven. We could argue over that issue until we are red in the face, but the bottom line is that since God is knows all, his knowledge of what happens in His creation could be interpreted in several ways ranging from full Arminianism to full Calvanism and the result is the same, God is all-knowing. This is the reason I don't like the Calvanistic title. I just say that I believe the Bible and not some man's specific description of what he thinks it says even though he may be right partially and also partially wrong depending on which angle you are viewing the argument from.