1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Must One Cover The Thigh Down To Our Knees?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Truth Seeker, Nov 15, 2015.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I resent you putting missionary in quotes about DHK. He is a genuine missionary, not one in quotes. Or do you have something against missionaries in general?

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

We're all 'genuine' missionaries, some just don't go on deputation, or get sent to another land. I have a big heart for the ones who 'stay by the stuff' and witness for Christ, and don't have to 'tell us' about their 'credentials'.

Perhaps you should talk to your fundy friend about the way he addresses others here, he could use it.

3. Internet Theologian

Believe me, I would have picked up your being a 'fundy' without you having to tell me just by how you came across in your reply...

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be embarrassed if I made this comment.

#24 Rolfe, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same here in my fifty plus years among Fundamental Baptists (with Baptists "Independent" is a given).

6. Internet Theologian

I was saved 11 years before I heard of it. What gets me is the ugliness and snide comebacks because none of you three ever heard of it. Is that attitude really necessary when responding?

By the way, not all Baptists go with the Independent label, so, no it's not a given, unless you meant to tie fundy's to that label.

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This view belittles the genuine sacrifices of missionaries who leave home and family to spend their lives in a foreign country for the cause of Christ. Your "stay by the stuff" folk, as good as that is to do, do not sacrifice to anything near the degree that my friend Dr. T does in a Muslim country, in perpetual danger, or my friends in Japan, only 1% Christian after 150 years of Protestant witness.
    No, sorry, I don't set myself up as "The Corrector" as did Crudens (of concordance fame) or some here on the BB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The dress of most women in northern Europe and this country whether in Church, the street, or on the beach is disgraceful and is designed to appeal to the carnal natiure of man. A hundred plus years ago most women in thios country dressed modestly.

Have all men suddenly been endowed with the natue of Jesus Christ that they are now able tolook upon immodestly dressed women without lusting after them? My ststistical sample is small but I doubt it!

9. OldRegular

I have always been prone to errors in typing. However, in my dotage, the message fgrom the brain to my two fingers is aometimes garbled! So please!!!!!!!

10. Internet Theologian

Good post. The way women dress today is shameful, and I am talking of professing believers. Why do so many women today have to wear spandex (now my wife says no those are 'leggings') but they are basically tights, you see them everywhere.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I love to wear leggings. I wear them under long sweaters (that would be dresses for some girls but for me, they are long sweaters to wear with leggings) or under jeans when it's really cold and I'll be outside. They are also pretty good for lounging around in the house with my oversized hoodies. :) Wear them as pants? No way. No one wants to see that! LOL

ETA - Here is a picture of me in one of my long sweaters and leggings. I know it's dark and they are black leggings but you can see how long my shirt is. This is my dad and my two brothers at my little brother's retirement from the Navy!

[​IMG]

#31 annsni, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. I like thighs. Hot ones, anyway. On females. Adult females, though there are definitely some who should cover their thighs—and the midriffs.

13. OldRegular

You might try Walmart!!!!!!!!!!