1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dad

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by jim62, Apr 15, 2005.

1. jim62

jim62 New Member

For most of you that know the story about my father killing my mother, I never told you what happened to my father. When I was a young teenager, 13 or 14, I wanted to do to him what he did to my mother. As I got older, people talked me out of it. I had a lot of questions and most of my family was dead. So I went back to the courts and found some old records that led to newspaper clippings. The papers said he was supposed to get no more than 25 years and no less than 20 years. He was out in about 13.

I had the chance to witness to him (tell him about Jesus) and he didn’t want to hear it. So I just left him some tracks and told him to read them in his spare time. He moved up to Portland, Maine (from NJ) wanting to start his life over. His record dated back to being a juvenile.

One night he was flashing around 1500 dollars to a co-worker who was also a drug addict, and the addict asked my dad if he could borrow some money. My dad said no because he already owed him money as it was. The addict pulls out a knife and cuts my dad’s juggler vein, throws a pillow over his head, then stabs him two times in the heart. This happened just before that 25 years would have been up. So where man failed God took care of it and saw that justice was done.

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Jim, I cannot imagine the pain this must have caused you. The struggle you went through to witness to him must have been tremendous.

God's word never returns void. He may have picked up a tract and got saved. We don't know.

As far as how he died, well, birds of a feather. Had he turned some things around he wouldn't have been where he was at the time. God only knows .

You did right to witness to him as hard as it was.

3. jim62

jim62 New Member

I was not saved when I was thinking of doing that to my dad, he took my mom away from me. age 18 I got saved, and the Lord gave me the understanding, of how my dad was in foster-homes as a child, thats how I was able to forgive him, and tell him about Jesus. The Lord took away the hurt, and gave me Acts 16:31b- thou shalt be saved, and THY HOUSE.

[ April 16, 2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: jim62 ]

4. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    amen jim! Thank you for that testimony of how Jesus healed you enough to care for the lost condition of your father. He is ABLE!

5. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a testimony ... thanks, Jim. Blessings ...

PJ

6. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Thank you for that Jim. Bless you.

7. Journeyman1

Journeyman1 New Member

Thanks Jim, I hope you have been able to forgive your father.

jman