1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Former Church now has a new pastor!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, Nov 11, 2008.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I thought for sure that I'd posted something about my former church's (Bible Baptist Church,Clarksville TN) pastor resigning back in early September 2008, but then I noticed that apparently ALL postings prior to October 2008 seem to have disappeared.

At any rate this past Saturday (Nov 8), I received an email from some friends of mine telling me that BBC Clarksville now has a new pastor.

On Nov 9 Pastor Bryan Baggett preached his first sermon as her new pastor.

What was so humbling to me when I heard of this was the fact that Bryan sat in many of the classes I taught when I was with Bible Baptist Academy back in the 1980's & 1990's!

Any of you out there who've ever served in any kind of teaching capacity (SS, VBS, Christian or Public school, etc.) probably remember being told (and usually more than once) that as a teacher you're going to influence those students in your class(es). How you influence them is (at least from a human perspective) is up to you.

Now, I take no credit at all for how Bryan turned out. That all belongs first and foremost to Christ. Then secondly to his Godly parents that God allowed me the privilege of knowing for some 35 years.

Please add Bryan and his dear wife Chris and their two teenage children to your prayer list.

No pastor anywhere can ever have too many people praying for him and his wife and family and their ministries!!

You pastors out there know what I mean by that!

Also, remember, Bryan is now pastoring "home folks." These are "good people," but I seem to recall that even Jesus (almost right from the start [....Can any good thing come from...]) had His share of detractors from "home folks."

So, please remember to pray for this young man. Knowing him as I do, from a human perspective, I've got the fullest confidence in him.

But even the Apostle Paul knew that human abilities aren't enough to be victorious for Christ in the battles that Satan is going to put him through. He pleaded for his readers to pray for him.

I'm pleading for my friends here at BB to do the same for Bryan Baggett.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying with you all.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers...