1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My New Job

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by FR7 Baptist, Oct 1, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I got hired for a new job today. It's a telephone customer service job in a call center. The company that hired me does inbound customer service for a number of clients. I'm going to be doing outbound calls, which is something they've never done before. I don't know all of the details yet, but I think it involves opinion polling.

It was kind of funny how easy it was to get hired. I saw an ad on Craigslist and I went in earlier today to apply at about 4. I filled out an application and got interviewed on the spot. About 7, I got a call and was told that I was selected for the position. I go in tomorrow for an orientation and to fill out paperwork. The job starts Monday. It's a temporary position for 6 weeks, but it could become permanent if everything goes well.

Here's the downside. It's full-time, 40 hours per week. These are mostly evening and night hours. We're talking 5-midnight. That would be okay, but I'm also a full-time college student. It's not that bad because I'm taking twelve credit hours in mostly "soft" courses, but it's still going to be a tough thing to pull off. With my situation, however, I have to do this. I'm not in a position where I can turn down work.

Overall, I'm glad I got the job. I guess what I'm getting at is please pray for me to have the strength to pull this off. One thing I'm kind of bummed about is I'm going to have to take a leave of absence from my church's choir, but it will give my weary vocal cords a break from singing, although I doubt talking on the phone will help them much either. I'm going to focus my musical energies on my bass guitar until I can go back to choir.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm glad you got the job------did you happen to talk with them about vacation time??? Breaks?? Fringe?? Commissions?? Advances on the company ladder??:laugh::saint::type: