1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My poor country

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Melanie, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Please pray for those in the south island around Chrstchurch....I am given to understand they have just been hit by another biggie (earthquake!) this is after the continued aftershocks. Will try and find out more after I stop crying....

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the prayer list

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you Salty. Good news, Christchurch is still pretty shakey but the reported 'quake I was told about was actually up at Napier which is the North Island....not good for those folk but the Chistchurch and surrounds folk are pretty stressed without more nasties. Sadly quite a number of historical buildings have been badly damaged and may need to be demolished.

The government has assured the affected buisness houses and employees of financial support. Power is coming back on line and other infrastructure....but the folks are very distressed with the ongoing ground movement....the airport has reopened and folk who can are leaving to stay with rellies elsewhere.

The response of the civil defence and other government bodies have been impressive in my humble opinion...it is something the country has to plan for.

God Bless New Zealand :1_grouphug:

4. JTornado1

JTornado1 Member

I'm praying. :praying:

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have been praying and will continue to do so. An internet friend of mine lives on the north island and said it shook items off the shelves, but they are ok.