1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My report from the Twin Cities Festival with Luis Palau

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by LarryN, Aug 9, 2004.

1. LarryN

LarryN New Member

The Twin Cities Festival with Luis Palau was this weekend. I was there all day on Saturday, both as a volunteer in the Chrildren's Area & also as a counselor. The estimates I've seen are that between 180,000 and 200,000 people attended over the two day event, and they were presented several times with a clear Gospel message. Praise God that I personally had the opportunity to counsel & lead three precious souls to Christ on Saturday!

Palau's main sermon lasted from about 7:15 to 8:00 PM, almost literally in the shadow of Minnesota's State Capitol building dome. In front of a huge crowd, surrounded by state government buildings, Palau made some very un-PC (in today's political climate) statements (which I was thrilled to see). He called abortion "murder" (more than once); and he stated that God created sex to be between a man & a woman, and not only that, but between a married man & woman. In Minnesota, I was glad to see him take a stand against the pro-choice & gay lobbies that are so vocal here, and to do it virtually on the Capitol steps.

The only sour note of the day was (ironically) the pseudo-protest of the Festival staged by one of the local KJVO, IFB-extremist pastors & his church. Go figure.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've heard Luis Palau in person before. Way cool! Top notch preacher!!!