1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Myrtle Beach, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 12, 2002.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am not a "go to the beach" fan for the sake of going to the beach, but I went down yesterday. And I loved the beach!

Any beach freaks here?

2. Jeremai

Jeremai New Member

I don't really like swimming in the ocean (you don't know what's out there! ) but I do like being at the beach. Like I said in my other post, I haven't been to the beach in this country yet, so I'll let you know what I think after next weekend!

Where is Myrtle Beach? I have heard people talk about it.

3. SAVED4LIFE

SAVED4LIFE New Member

Saggy,

My family and I went to Myrtle Beach this past July for a family vaation. There's a lot of stuff to do there. We hung out at the beach every day (the beach was packed though!) and went to Barefoot Island, Ripley's Aquarium, the Nascar Cafe, etc.

Just standing on the beach and looking out into the ocean ---- how big it is, listening to the waves--- makes you realize how small we all really are in the big scheme of things.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I went to Barefoot landing too.

Myrtle Beach is in SC.

I loved the beach. I could just sit and drift and drift and sit.

5. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't there as many "wedding chapels" in Myrtle Beach as there are in the Tennessee Smokies??? [​IMG] ;) [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I was close to Myrtle Beach a few days ago. My parents rented a house on Oak Island, NC (about halfway between N. Myrtle and Wilmington), and I bundled up the cat and we stayed Saturday night through Wednesday morning. It was lovely. THe house was oceanfront, and in the mornings we just sat out on the deck with our coffee and looked out at the water. Really beautiful.

7. BornAgain

BornAgain New Member

Yes, Jimmy, there are a few chapels at Myrtle Beach.

It's a great place to go to spend time with family or just to relax. I've lived in SC my whole life, so I've been there many, many times. Not only is there shopping, but a lot of cool theaters to checkout. I love going to the Dixie Stampede. The Stampede has a Christmas show starting in late November and running thru the first part of January. My husband Tim and I are going to see it.

I'd recommend Myrtle Beach to anyone who wants to vacation in the great state of SC! [​IMG]