1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mysteries of the Body of Christ

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by R. J., Sep 25, 2004.

1. R. J.

R. J. New Member

There are seven mysteries regarding the body of Christ that were revealed to the apostle Paul by the Lord Jesus. This topic is a summary of these mysteries. Here are the seven mysteries with corresponding verse(s):

1. The Mystery of the Blindness of Israel

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

2. The Mystery of the Body of Christ

Colossians 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints; To who God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Ephesians 3:6-7 That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ, by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of god given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

3. The Mystery of the Wisdom of God

1 Corinthians 2:7-8 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucifed the Lord of glory.

4. The Mystery of the Gathering of the Body of Christ

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

5. The Mystery of Christ and the Church

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

6. The Mystery of Iniquity

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work; only he who now letteth it will let, until he be taken out of the way.

7. The Mystery of Godliness

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness, God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

If you are inclined to study these mysteries in detail, you can read about them at the following link: http://p079.ezboard.com/fthemidweekrapturefrm146