1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mystery passengers on Malaysian jet identified; officials discount terrorism as cause

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Mar 11, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Mystery passengers on MH-370 identified; officials discount terrorism as cause

It is typical, according to the Fox News story, for Iranians to use stolen passports when seeking political, religious, or social asylum. There is a large Iranian community in Malaysia, and many Iranians from their homeland first gravitate to Malaysia before attempting to get away from the repressive regime by settling elsewhere in the world.

Conclusions of officials that this may not have been terrorism are plausible. I know Iranian men and women in Kansas City who have escaped Iran in exactly this fashion -- including a family of five who are members of my church (yeah, Iranian Baptists, imagine that!) -- but it occurs to me that using the cover of asylum seeking in order to commit an act of terrorism is also plausible. Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

#1 thisnumbersdisconnected, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014