1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mysticisism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Adonia, Dec 1, 2019.

1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The God of the bible is Jesus Christ. Not Hitler. Your worship of evil is wrong in the eyes of God.

2. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utilyan, I worship the God of the Bible. Therefore you are calling God evil.
    Sad.

3. utilyan

Site Supporter

No particular. I love the God of the bible. I think you got his character all wrong.

If 4 children are drowning in a pool and he can save them all, he does. You think he would let a couple drown just to make a point to the ones he saves.

All I got to ask is WHAT WOULD JESUS DO. He is nothing hateful as you proclaim him to be.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    If four people who have broken his laws are drowning in a pool and the penalty for law breaking is death, is God unjust to allow them to die?

Would it be an act of amazing grace if God chose to save even one person who justly deserved death for breaking his law?

You see, utilyan, you don't think you're a bad person. You reject the fact that you are condemned by your own sin. You are 100% guilty as charged. The law must be upheld or there is no justice. The judge who doesn't uphold the law is not loving, s/he is unjust and morally wicked.

What would Jesus do as the Judge? He would do one of two things. He would justly sentence you as the law demands. Or, he would suffer death on your behalf as a substitutionary sacrifice.
    Who gets the right to choose what Jesus does? Does not Jesus get the right to choose what he will do?

Or do you demand that Jesus must do what you tell him to do, utilyan?

5. utilyan

Site Supporter

God has already spoken.

For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

First God deserves what he deserves! First his Justice.

Jesus answered for us. THE GOOD SAMARITAN. Your evil version of God certainly would have left folks on the side of the road.

Find one verse where GOD says anyone deserves hell. This is an false accusation.

"The judge who doesn't uphold the law is not loving, s/he is unjust and morally wicked."

The judge who is trapped resorting to evil for evil is a servant of the devil. Always the devil is looking for evil to be done legally. The Devil abhors all mercy.

"What would Jesus do as the Judge?"
    Jesus is our Exemplar he would save everyone he can. If our exemplar was your megalomaniac, then I too would walk around picking and choosing whom I would love and hate.

The Devil's sense of Justice, I can just call it Calvinism.

There is no manner of sugar coating or sanctimonious speak that could ever make your poor view of God GOOD. What you got is as evil as they come. Pick anything being worst........I bet you can't, it is that horrible.

6. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does this passage mean to you?

Romans 3:22-26
    For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

What happens to the one whom God has not gifted faith, utilyan?

Ephesians 2:1,3 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins

among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Finally, what does God say?

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Utilyan, your fight is not against a dead man named John Calvin. Your fight is against the God revealed in scripture, to whom you gnash your teeth and call him Hitler. You seem ignorant as to whom you are accusing and how merciful He is being as you dangle by your thread. It should scare the hell out of you, to be honest.

7. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "There are branches in Christ, in Christs body mystical, which is his church, his vineyard, that do not bear fruit, wherefore the hand of God is to take them away." - The Barren Fig-tree, Or, The Doom and Downfall of the Fruitless Professor - By John Bunyan