1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Myth: Republicans never do anything about abortion

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Because of what he said earlier ... you haven't proven your point. And we three have effectively derailed this thread. I will start another one where, if you wish to continue the discussion, we can do so. Let's leave this poor defenseless thread alone.

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He said that all I had was 'unfounded opinion', I demonstrated that it was based on factual observation (eg: racist Tweets against Miss America), he then said I had problems with 'reading comprehension'. I'm really not sure accordingly how I can have a sensible conversation with such an individual but YMMV...

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because you misrepresented what I said. I now believe it was intentional rather than a reading comprehension issue. Further you have tried to take one single event and paint the whole country with it and make it a general rule. And you are right, you cannot have a sensible conversation. Because it is you who does not want one. I will leave you to your misery.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In what way did I 'misrepresent' what you said???

[ETA - I'm quite happy BTW, not at all miserable. What about you?]

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No actually Poncho was just pointing out the Bush's long history of supporting eugenics in general and Planned Parenthood in particular and inject a little historical context into the discussion.

Some might call accusing another of doing something he is not doing "bearing false witness".

#45 poncho, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is just straight out baloney.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

As you wisely advised me not too long ago, "You gotta stop feeding that thing."

#47 thisnumbersdisconnected, Sep 17, 2013
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So as with Matt you are claiming the force of your own opinion outweighs the facts then. Is that about right?

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There have been no facts presented.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#50 poncho, Sep 17, 2013
  11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Maybe someday some people will learn that blogs are not "facts" but cobbled together "opinion" -- using the word in its loosest possible form. Cobbled together out of half-truths, innuendo, rumors, lies, and just plain ignorance.

"Ignorance," for example, of the fact that in 1947 Planned Parenthood wasn't an abortion advocate or provider, since it was illegal to perform abortions in 1947. Or that the agenda of Margaret Sanger, the founder of the American Birth Control League, had no connection with PP in 1947 because, believe it or not, PP wasn't moving forward rapidly enough to address her agenda of eugenics and cultural manipulation through birth control and sterilization. You see, some people are ignorant of the fact that PP wasn't always the radical, wild-eyed killing machine it has become, despite having people involved with it in its formative years who had that as their goal. Instead it was an organization that helped overcome racial <--[Edit: let me change that to "ethnic" instead] and religious barriers to legitimate birth control measures such as condoms, and helped persuade Congress to repeal laws that made shipping birth control mechanisms across state lines illegal.

Maybe someday people will learn. Probably not today, though.

#51 thisnumbersdisconnected, Sep 17, 2013
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of reminds me of the myth of Uniformitarianism with regards to evolution. Assume it is always the same to meet an agenda.

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yup. An apt comparison. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.