1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Name Debate

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Mar 26, 2008.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, I have read the whole thread before commenting, whereas I usually comment as I come to posts, in order. That said -

These are certainly nice sentiments. I might say, in the names. Let's assume, for the sake of argument that "Emma" is some derivative of a Biblical name. OK, with "Emma Faith" you got two Biblically based theme names, now, for your girls.

Congrats and best wishes for the health and well-being of both Mother and Daughter.

Now, may I offer this for a couple or three suggestions for a third daughter?

I suggest "Eve Repentance" might be a good one; as would "Eunice Sanctify"; and a third being "Esther Trust". :thumbs:

Out of curiosity, have you perhaps considered changing your own name, as I'm fairly sure that none of William", "Will", or Willie" are 'Biblical' names. In honor of the theme, how about "Eutychus Justify" or "Eleazer Redeemed"? :D

Frankly, and seriously now, I would love for my wife and I to have a daughter or a son, or two or three, but, as I see it, there are way too many health issues in the way for us to consider that, it would seem. We did not get married until I was 50 and she 37. (First marriage for both, BTW.) She was not particularly interested, to begin with (nor was I wanting this in the first few months, particularly) and we soon found that if she did become pregnant, there was a good chance she would become a permanent diabetic, because of a physical condition she had. I was, not particularly wanting to take that chance, and within a year, developed diabetes myself, saw the damage the disease has already done to me, and in short order, lost both my mother and brother in an 11 mos. span, then within a year, needed carotid surgery, and 4 cardiac bypasses (both done at the same time), and 13 mos. later, had cancer surgery with the loss of a third of my stomach and a third of my esophagus. At 59 now, and in dubious health, the odds are not particularly good that I will live to reach 70, and likely would have never seen our child or children even graduate High School. I was and am not desirous to have the responsibility of rearing a child alone, left on my bride, for right or wrong, on my part.

But there is still an empty place in the heart, that will not be filled, for me, :tear: so I have to content myself as a sort of 'family patriarch', by default, with my nieces and nephews (10) and 'greats' (currently at 8), in this. I apologize for telling this, if I am out of line, but just expressed some of my own sentiments. I would love my child, just as much, with any name he or she might have.
    In light of what I have written above, may I offer this, assuming you are not merely overstating this for effect, - the first thing you both should consider is fairly elementary -

"Get a life!"

Ed

#21 EdSutton, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008