1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Name something not in the Bible that you were taught at church...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well of course that is because you insist on lumping people who adhere to the doctrines of grace, or TULIP, in with Calvin. We don't follow Calvin, we follow Scripture. I believe as much as any other 5 point Calvinist on TULIP and don't stray at all. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  2. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh I see, you quote some points of Calvinism, but reject others and I am to know the difference. You believe scripture as you want it to say, like so many others. You need to see the end result of what you say you believe.Words, beliefs have meanings and consequences , logical followings
    If one says God chooses who is saved from hell and others not , It is logical to ask why. one not elect was created in the first place. If sinning was not a matter of choice, why did God choose some to sin, or God is responsible for sin.

now you say God shows favoritism , when He says He dies not,, yet you blame God because you do not accept Hus word as truth, yet cannot explain your meaning in your context.

3. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of this is, of course, false.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Traffic flow through the parking lot is one way

5. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pick a non favoritism verse and show your meaning. Showing your context

6. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    non-favoritism verse?

7. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    ou not

prosōpolēmptēs
    1. an acceptor of persons

2. one who discriminates
    Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

or
    Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

waiting on explanation

8. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a clue what that passage is about? Please read it in whole because it isn't making the same claim you are making.

Acts 10:23-43 So he invited them in to be his guests. The next day he rose and went away with them, and some of the brothers from Joppa accompanied him. And on the following day they entered Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I too am a man.” And as he talked with him, he went in and found many persons gathered. And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean. So when I was sent for, I came without objection. I ask then why you sent for me.” And Cornelius said, “Four days ago, about this hour, I was praying in my house at the ninth hour, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your alms have been remembered before God. Send therefore to Joppa and ask for Simon who is called Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea.’ So I sent for you at once, and you have been kind enough to come. Now therefore we are all here in the presence of God to hear all that you have been commanded by the Lord.” So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all), you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jacob I loved, Esau I hated. Sounds like unequal treatment to me. Choosing the nation of Israel above all other nations. Sounds like unequal treatment to me.

10. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    instead of posting scripture, please explain your position with these verses

11. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist

Why was Esau hated?. He hated Jacob first. God hates a lot of things but they are listed as actions
    Pro 6:16

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    Pro 6:17

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    Pro 6:18

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    Pro 6:19

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

show how salvation is favoritism, verses and explanation
    please

12. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture explains itself and shows you how badly you have misused the verses you quoted. If you cannot see your error, I cannot help enlighten you.

13. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already showed you Esau hated, Jacob loved.

14. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    we all read and say it means as we want,, it is normal to post scripture with and explanation or reason why it is posted, I know the Scripture you posted but I might nit read it as you do, so please for the discussion , explain what you post

15. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    you do not follow, Esau was hated after he hated and because of his nonspiritual attitude,, This is not salvation, prove the elect was chosen for salvation, and the non elect was created but chosen for hell.

16. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does God mean when He had Luke share this event?
    The text gives you the information and reveals how you misused the verse.

17. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the story of Esau and Jacob in Genesis. It's all there. Paul is referencing Genesis when he talks about Esau and Jacob in Romans 9.
    What is your reason for being biblically lazy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it say that?

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Classic Eisegesis.

20. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The entire point of Jesus dying on the cross is to send a message to convince people God loves them.

Totally unnecessary since there is no convincing just a forced mind wipe by God. So Jesus dying on the cross doesn't save you, what saves you is being picked to be loved unconditionally while the other guy is hated.

On top of it no one gets saved, saved implies you were actually in danger. All the "chosen" were never in danger, And if God is suppose to be the fireman, it was God who lit the building on fire to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.