1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Narnia

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by buckster75, Dec 12, 2005.

1. buckster75

buckster75 Member

Narnia Narnia Narnia
    Does this thing need it's own forum?

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No. In a few weeks, it will be reasonably discussed to most peoples' satisfaction. It's a common topic right now because it's a new movie.

Example: During this time, there are a lot of topic on Christmas, but we don't need a separate Christmas forum. Come January, the topic will be rarely discussed, at least for 11 more months.

3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I agree with John.

4. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

John is right. In a few weeks it will be all discussed out, right after Disney announces the killing that they made from the Christians. Next year, people will be wondering where all the converts are from watching the Narnia movie, just like they did this year with the passion movie. It seems like they would have to build a new church on every corner to accomodate all of the people that got a revelation from watching the greatest witnessing tool in 2000 years......gag....

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had about 20 threads on "The Passion" that seemed overwhelming, then died off. Now the REAL issues that affect Christian living (like women wearing slacks) will come up every month from now to eternity!!

6. Karen

Karen Active Member

I have had some time to post, and it is a subject on which I have SOME knowledge and interest.
    Why do you express surprise that people discuss current things on a discussion board? Start a topic.

I can point you to some boards on which no one talks about anything, if you prefer!
    [​IMG]

Karen

7. buckster75

buckster75 Member

I just hate to see Disney getting so much of our bandwidth(this is probably not the right techy term so don't get technical) you know what I am saying. Hey Bob so now we can start another bash Disney thread.

8. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

No need to bash Disney. They do an excellent job of it themselves, merely by their actions and film releases. All one needs, is to present the facts.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Look at the bright side: there are six more books in the series and the president of Walden Media has already announced that there will be "at least one more sequel". So, in about a year, Mark O. will get another opportunity to start 100 threads telling us all we're going to Hell because we like C.S. Lewis.

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOOOOOoooooooooo :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Look at the bright side: there are six more books in the series and the president of Walden Media has already announced that there will be "at least one more sequel". So, in about a year, Mark O. will get another opportunity to start 100 threads telling us all we're going to Hell because we like C.S. Lewis. </font>[/QUOTE]No one says anyone is going to hell because they like Lewis.

12. mioque

mioque New Member

Untill brother Osgatharp comes out with a statement to that effect I'm not holding my breath.

13. WHYME

WHYME New Member

Although The movie Narnia did not hit the screens until December 9th, and a lot of those who plan on viewing it have not had the chance to see it I would like to see it critiqued by some of our pastors with a do see or a do not see recommendation for believers especially teens.
    Please spare us the sarcasm and snide remarks.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

WHYME, I saw it at a midnight showing on opening night. I've posted my review in several threads. I recommend it overall. I'm sure you can find my full review in one of the other threads.

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yeah, "The Incredibles", "The Rookie", "Miracle", "Finding Nemo" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" are such works of the Devil. :rolleyes:

16. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No thanks. There's enough commentary here. Just because someone sticks their opinion on a website doesn't make it any more valid. I've seen the movie first hand, read the books first hand, and have with my own eyes and mind objectively, prayerfully, and sincerely determined it's appropriate viewing for all ages 5 and up.

18. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

That is an excellent article. The common facts are undeniable. Run from the world, and worldly teaching..

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I would expect those who lack discernment, such as pharisees and legalists, to concur.

20. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

I would suspect that you read it then [​IMG] You gotta quit viewing Christ through those worldly filters John. Clean your glasses, and get those "feelings" off of them.