1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NAS and Updated NAS ?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Tony kelly, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

Is there much difference ?

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

The most obvious difference is the removal of the thees and thous when addressing deity. Apart from that, the style has been tweaked a bit, so it's a tad more readable. Otherwise I don't know what the changes are.

3. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I have never read the NASB 75 edition. I own the NASB 95 update edition and it's a solid great Bible.

4. genesis12

genesis12 Member

NASB is good. NASB study bible is super. Ryrie NASB study bible is even better. With all the gender-neutral translations coming out, I think we've seen the last of good translations.

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Don't forget the ISV. The OT is scheduled to be completed soon.
    Maybe.

6. BruceB

BruceB New Member

What is the ISV? Who is the publisher? Would you expand on your post? Thanks, Bruce

7. Keith M

Keith M New Member

According to the ISV web page, as of today approximately 41.1% of the OT is complete.

8. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

The International Standard Version is a new conservative translation without gender inclusive language. You can dl a copy for E-Sword for free, you can also download what's completed of the OT at the ISV Website.
    Davidson Press link is the publisher.

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

DeclareHim, I am not arguing with you, but your statement "without gender inclusive language" is a little confusing to me. Can you clarify this? Is it Gender-Neutral or otherwise?

I read the translation notes and it appears that in certain places it is, but not nearly to the extent of the TNIV. Your thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.