1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nascar - Pocono, Nashville, Atlanta

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Nashville
    That's a quote from my recap of the Las Vegas Cup race in 2008. It was an inexplicable statement then and it's even more inexplicable now. By now, you've seen Kyle Busch destroy the Gibson Les Paul guitar he won at Nashville Speedway, which, btw, is in Lebanon and isn't exactly Nashville, sort of like how Chicagoland Speedway is in Joliet, which isn't exactly Chicago. Regardless, it was a stupid thing to do.

Kyle Busch is like the kid in school who does stupid things to impress people and try to fit in, but he doesn't realize that everybody else is only humoring him and actually thinks he's a moron. If he wants to destroy his trophy, it doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't care if he melted all of his trophies down to a puddle of goo. It wouldn't make him any less of a fool than he already is.

To quote one of the great movies of all time:

I don't have to deal with Kyle, but he's still the guy that's getting naked, running out in the snow and barking at the moon.

Pocono
    Smoke wins and it's great and wonderful and we're so happy for him. Besides the sarcasm, I do give him a ton of credit for winning. What he's done with his team is very impressive.

Another great story is how TNT is back doing 6 races again this year. Not only does TNT do better than both Fox and ESPN, they call to mind the heyday of ESPN race broadcasts in the 90s.

Kyle and Wally, we haven't seen/heard racing analysts this good since Ned and Benny.

Atlanta
    Atlanta? Why am I mentioning Atlanta?

Because I'm going there for the Labor Day weekend race. And my son is getting the tickets to the race for his birthday in a few weeks. I can hardly wait to give them to him. :thumbs:

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Go watch this clip and come back. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Dr. Wadler tears apart Nascar's obviously ridiculous drug policy and instead of delving further into that, Massaro buries the lead and wants to go back to talking about how meth can affect a driver's performance. Wrong story, Mike. The story is how Nascar thinks it can get away with this sort of nonsense when you have an expert in the field, somebody who's a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency, basically saying it's a ridiculous policy.

So, Nascar's drug policy is a disgrace, which is hardly surprising. I don't believe for one second that Nascar can prove Mayfield took meth and I hope Jeremy crushes them.