1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Navy Surgeon Sounds the Alarm

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 22, 2021.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, and there may be a 30% rate of alzheimers after 2 years also. POINT is "WE DON'T KNOW"!!!!!
    I fail to see the (??)confusion (??)about this fact!!:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The confusion is this type of speculation is treated as fact and people are using it to make health decisions (it is just fear of what could happen).

Maybe in a year the only people left alive will be the vaccinated as the unvaccinated will all die of the next varient. This is possible, but it would be foolish to get vaccinated based on that speculation.

Too many unvaccionated ate making decisions based on fear of the unknown. I'm sure many vaccinated may have done the same. But we should make decisions based on the data we have, not be paralyzed by fear of the unknown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no fear whatsoever keeping me awake at night, & I am in the category deemed at risk because of age. I imagine I would be a lot more sleepless, if I had been vaxed, but that’s just me. Just stop with your fear mongering.

#23 Wingman68, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree.
    Medicine is always about "what ifs", if the motto, "Do No Harm" is seriously believed and practiced.

As Christians, the rule is, "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.".
    I'm sorry, but my opinion is that the pharmaceutical companies are playing with fire here,
    and I'm not not willing to risk my health on any vaccine that has the history that these do...

Which is to say, "not enough history".
    Perhaps someday,
    but in my mind, I keep coming back to this ( and please correct me if I'm in error, but it seems to me that you're in favor of not only vaccine mandates, but these mRNA / DNA technologies as well )...

Maybe, instead of continuing on with this technology and mandating vaccines that are using it, the powers-that-be should re-considering their big push for the current ones that don't prevent the spread of variants, and instead be be "throttling back" and letting the people decide for themselves whether or not they should take advantage of something that essentially provokes one's cells to do something un-naturally, Jon.

This stuff is again, still in its relative infancy,
    and I see no rational reason for the world's governments to be going ahead full-steam in the manner that they currently are.

#24 Dave G, Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea who she is.
    Let me se if I get this straight...

A U.S. Navy veteran like myself, who has been vaccinated with just about everything under the sun and is advising caution because the entire treatment of this pandemic ( which has an across-the-board survival rate of more than 97+% ) by a world that is teetering on the edge of irrational fear ( not to mention the fast-tracking of a bio-technology that has been, until this past year, largely unproven anywhere in the world ), is an "anti-vaxxer" to you?

I'm sorry sir, but your comment amazes me.

Please, for the sake of civility, stop labeling people who disagree with you on this matter with something that is fast-turning into an insult.
    I am not against vaccines in general...

I am against this "technology".

#25 Dave G, Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for the information.
    That said, I have the right to make my own decisions about all of this without someone ridiculing me for being cautious by labeling me as an "Anti-Vaxxer".
    Andre,
    I implore you to cease ridiculing people that you don't even personally know ( and exhibiting what amounts to unChristian behavior in my mind ), just because they're not in full agreement with you;
    Or with authorities who are pushing these new "vaccines" on the public, using what seems to be every method under the sun ( short of full-on coercion ) to get their goals met...

Which aren't even realistically achievable given the fact that the emerging variants are fast-making the original vaccines almost useless at keeping people from getting sick.

At the end of the day, we can agree to disagree amiably,
    or you can take the "high ground" and paint everyone who advises caution ( and even supports a more wholistic approach to treating this respiratory illness ) and accuse them of being "Anti-Vaxxers" in some sort of over-powered effort at shaming them into giving in.

Respectfully,
    I've never paid much attention to the negative rhetoric coming from those who advocate that everyone get these vaccines,
    and the more pressure is put on me to "conform or be relegated to secondary citizen status", the more I'm going to know that there's another agenda being pushed in all of this...

and it's not my health and well-being because they care about me as a person.

#26 Dave G, Sep 23, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, fear does not always keep people awake.

I have never engaged in fear mongering (I was not the one posting the vaccinated will be dead in 5 years, or posting rare instances of vaccine adverse effects....or even exaggerating covid deaths).

Many who oist on this board are conspiracy theorists and have resulted in pretending sources and people they would never consider a reputable source are reputable warn it comes to this topic.

Why? Are they dishonest? No. They ate afraid. They are afraid the medical experts may actually be right. That is why you have a disreputable orthopedic surgeon/ tattoo removal business owner presented as an expert on viruses. It is fear.

You do not need to be vaccinated in order to live without fear. You may suffer a consequence for your choice, but you may not. Regardless God holds your days in His hand.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Andre can correct me if I misunderstand him - but I think the issue is not differing conclusions about the virus and/ or vaccine but the sources used. If so, I agree with him. It would be like me trying to prove the earth is flat by sourcing a flat-earth conspiracy site or the expertise of a orthopedic surgeon.

There are legitimate concerns with the vaccines (possible serious adverse effects, the longevity of effectiveness, efficiency against varients, weighing risks, the identical for tge government or employer to exceed their authority, etc ).

But so many of the sources provided have been proven to be misinformation and many of the "experts" are extraordinary questionable.

I do not believe people would scrape so low in the barrel were this a theological discussion. But by doing so they dismiss things that are legitimate concerns with the vaccines.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    don’t waste your time. When they don’t like the info in the post and can’t really find anything wrong this is what you get. It’s getting to be like Jerry sprinter show around here

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have attacked the credibility of every Dr put before you who is critical of continuing the vaccines. Your methods are not Christian, & yet you pull that out on anyone who has had enough of your boorish behavior. You pick, & twist until people are exasperated, at which time they will get themselves banned, or simply leave. When they leave, do I see any contrition on your part? No. I think someone said ‘dancing on graves’. That entertained you. Not the kind of Christian I was expecting to moderate this board.

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's that, then I'll agree with him and take another look.
    However, I get the feeling that with some people, any source will be discredited and labeled as "pro-conspiracy-theorist" if it goes against the current tide.
    Agreed.
    Honestly, I haven't paid that much attention to the sources on either side,
    preferring to do my own research and look at this as objectively as possible.

That's why I think it behooves us to double check all of the sources,
    as just about anyone can say anything these days, come across as authoritative, and hardly anyone will catch it unless they dig into things for themselves.

#31 Dave G, Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your post is misinformation.

I have questioned Dr.Lee Merritt as an expert on the vaccine.

There are a few reasons.

1. She has stated that she is at "war" with powers that are using covid to take over the world.

2. The OP presents her as a Navy surgeon. She is an orthopedic surgeon in IA (but she did serve on a Navy committee and was educated in the military, from what I understand).

3. She lacks the qualifications to determine the effectiveness of the vaccines. She is an orthopedic surgeon. Viruses and vaccines are not her area of expertise.

4. She has spread misinformation in the past (like her claim the vaccine was distributed in Nebraska before it was FDA aporoved).

5. She openly acknowledges that she has a political agenda.

BUT several "experts" have been presented. She is the only one I took the time to present facts about her lack of qualifications in this area. The reason is her information was not avaliable in the OP.

What is unChristian is exaggerating my comments about Dr. Merritt's lack of qualifications on this topic (she is probably a good orthopedic surgeon) to say I have attacked every doctor put forth that has criticized the vaccine.

The reason I say that is "unChristian" is that it is false and Chrustians need to be very careful mot to present false information.

As the false information was an accusation against me, another Christian, this could even be considered by many as a sin against God.

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If people post ridiculous material, ridicule is fully merited.

You, of course, are engaging in speculation when you attribute a "just because they do not agree with you" motive to me. How do you know what my motives are? For my part, I will declare that my motives are to serve as a counterbalance to the surfeit of misinformation about covid and the vaccines that we see in this forum.

This is not really true in any reasonable sense.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    maybe. Like I said, I'm guessing to an extent (I can't speak for @Andre ).

Awhile back I posted about a 13 year old boy who was found dead the morning after being vaccinated. He had an allergic reaction and died. This is one of my biggest concerns with the vaccines (especially with kids). I would think there could be a way of testing for such allergies prior to vaccination, but I don't know (I am nor a doctor). But that is something that should be considered.

There is a rare (.00048%) adverse effect called myocarditis (inflammation of the middle layer of the heart wall) that has been associated with the vaccines (and was a listed possible side-effect). The risk is low but that does mot matter if you are one of the .00048%. I think this needs study (not pulling the vaccine as it is not unusual but study and discussion). We're there any pre-conditiins? Family history? What about treatment?

3 have died of blood clots associated with the J&J vaccine.

But until we move from making this a left vs right issue, or a pro vs anti issue....I e., until we set aside politics...I see no moving forward.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not by those professing Christ, it isn't.
    We have a standard that is set in place by the Lord, and if you take it seriously, then ridicule about any subject and for any reason is off the table.

You may see yourself justified, but where I come from,
    it's "conduct unbecoming" and without merit of any kind to cast another person in an inferior light because they disagree with me on a given subject.

This will be my last reply in this thread.

I've already been far too vocal on this, and outside of doctrinal subjects and encouraging Christians to believe God's words and to trust Him for their deliverance, I prefer to be silent unless I believe the topic deserves an answer.

I see something going on over and above a general push for the health and well-being of people during this pandemic,
    but I cannot prove it.
    All I can do is sit by and watch as people are subjected to language and treatment that even 30 years ago, in America and in other parts of the world, would not have been tolerated by the vast majority of the citizens in those places.

I find it to be a sign of the times that we are in, and it distresses me to know that what I'm seeing is humanity at its fast-becoming worse.

May God bless you Andre, and all who read this.

#35 Dave G, Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What about the insane number of out-and-out lies that are promoted here? People flood this site with links to crazy conspiracy theory sites, one nuttier than the next.

We will have to agree to disagree - I think the degree to which truth has taken a beating here merits a vigorous response.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correction - it is merited.....we just don't have to do it :Wink .

18. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have the ability to silence just one of them.

19. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Decide for themselves?

When you decide "for yourself" to not get vaccinated, and then go out if public and breathe around, you are very much making a decision for everyone in that public space.

And unnatural?

Since when is being "natural" a necessary feature of a medical technology?

Manufacturing stents and inserting them into veins is decidedly not "natural", yet it saves lives.