1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Wow! Unbelieveable! Oh what a series! I would not be disappoint with Pistons, if they lose in Game 7. I am so proud for Pistons playing SO HARDER and much more aggressive against Spurs. Pistons is a great team same as Spurs.

I cannot remember of NBA Finals history, which a road team was down 3-2, force to Game 7. It is very rare to see a road team made it to Game 7 against home team.

I believe this 2005 NBA Finals is the best ever I seen since 1988 NBA Finals- Pistons vs. Lakers in Game 7.

I hope Pistons will beat Spurs this Thursday.

GO PISTONS!!! [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well if your a B,ball fan, it dosen't get any better than this. Game 7 in the finals! One word sums up the Detorit Pistons- indefagitable.

How do you win a game 6 on the road after a devestating o.t. loss at home? How do you defy the odds when history is against you? I don't know, but the Pistons did.

I am going to pick Detorit to win game seven even though history says they won't, because that is what they do best- defy history.

Should be a good on Thursday night!

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I am totally out of predictions (good thing I stay away from vegas!) Rasheed redeemed himself with a great 4th quarter. Duncan is worn out, cant make a free throw to save his life. But watch out for the next game - he probably goes 100% from the line.

I lied, I do have a prediction to make - if the refs swallow thier whistles as they did last night the pistons win - if they call alot of fouls the spurs win

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I didn't think that the refs swolled their whistles. I think they called some stupid fouls defensivly, but not enough fouls offensivelly. Too many guys lower their shoulder when they go to the basket, I would like too see them crack down on that.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The 1988 NBA Finals was the last time a road team forced a game 7. That was the game that Isaiah went off and scored 25 in the 3rd quarter.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I remember that game. I was a kid then, but I loved the Bad Boys.

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

TIM

Where are you? Your boys are back in the hunt - it is a one game series! We need some good trash talk here!

8. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

ccrobinson,

Wrong. I did remember 1988 NBA Finals very well, when I was 18. Pistons were lead 3-2 against Lakers. Then, Pistons flew to L.A. for Game 6, Thomas got ankle twisted, but he stubborned and played. Lakers won and forced to Game 7. Then, Lakers won Title. I watched it all.

When Pistons were down 94-79 in the fourth quarter within 5 minutes left. I thought Pistons were about to give up. But they fought back rallied cut from 15 points to 2 points within less than a minute left. Pistons catch up with Lakers the score was I think 98-96 within a minute left. When after Bill Laimbeer shot three-point reached a one point game within about 5 or 6 seconds, then Magic fired ball to other player and scored three points ahead over Pistons. Then, Bill Laimbeer tried to throw ball to other player, but the fans scattered over the floor, the game was not finished, that was interuppted.

Next year Pistons paid back to Lakers with a sweep series.

1988 NBA Finals was a great series.

I think 2005 NBA Finals should be the greatest series ever I seen in my life, if Pistons make a big comeback against Spurs as road team.

Well, wait and see find out tomorrow night.

GO PISTONS!!! [​IMG]

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Yep.

It says a lot about a team when its best player is horrible and they still win on the road.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ken I am still waiting for Duncan to show me he is a superstar. I agree he is a good guy with a class act but he has really made little difference in the series. But I have yet to see him take charge of any of the games. And I think he could.
    I don't think the pistons have put together the game the are capable of since the Heat first game. I don't think that was anywhere near their best game last night.
    We will see who shows up thursday. Alot of talk about Duncan being soft. Maybe that will light a fire under him. I think he plays like Sheed. Show some signs of just how good he could be but lacks the hustle to put together a whole good game.

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

LOL, nice to be missed. Having a change of jobs and it is messing me up a bit. Was on 3rd, 10:00pm-6:00am but am now on first. So my sleep schedule right now is all over the map.

I was listening to Walton and he said its the finals so the refs need to "let them play ball" . I think the refs did a good job on igonoring Manu's flopping, and the rest of the players who were trying to copy him. But I would like to see them call some charges on him. I think he is out of control when he runs the middle and for about 2 doz calls this series the pistons have been well planted, yet he got the call.

Enough bout the refing, I see JimmyC thinks they are calling them the Pistons way. It can go either way. I listen to the fans of the spurs and they sound like us.....they have to win the hard way....play great one game and stink the next.....they play great teamball...etc. I think they match up pretty even compared to my opinion earlier before the series started. The pistons reached down deep to grab game 6 but I have no doubt the Spurs have the same ability. they both have been champs and know what it takes so we shall see who steps up thursday night.
    Chauncy and Ben are too big keys. Ben needs to play with the defensive intentsity he has most of the year. And Chauncy needs to control the game and keep the turnovers down.
    Your gaurds have got to pick up the scoring or get Duncan to step up (which I think would be the best bet) and take them to a higher level.

Turned into a great series as I think each team underestimated each other.

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

???? Alright who are you and what have you done with KenH! :D

I hope your right about who wins.....your record needs the help. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spurs as a whole have a problem with being soft. The only player they had who was really tough was Malik Rose and they traded him during the season.

13. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tim

The reason I think a loosely called game benefits the pistons is that they are such a physical team - the spurs more finesse. My one defense of Duncan is his ankles, and supposeldy his kidneys have taken a beating this series inside - but one of the reasons I love the playoffs is that it is such a grind for the players. By the end of the series there are no more suprises, everyone knows what everyonelses bag is. Sure, big shot Rob can appear every once in a while but for the most part these guys know what it takes to beat the other team and it comes down to execution. The only caveat to that is there is usually one role player that takes his team over the top - who will that be?

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

If Duncan can play with intensity it will be him, for Detroit- I think it will be Rasheed. He has to score. Detroit must keep up the scoring pace with the Spurs. If they get cold they will fall behind and never get back. But I expect Rasheed to have a big night, maybe put down some good 3,s. Also Chauncy Billups needs to get thoes 3 point looks. They need to score hign to win.

Should be a good one.

Question. If this thing goes into overtime will everybody stay up to watch it?

15. OCC

OCC Guest

Pistons gonna win baby! I hope they bang Duncan up all night and foul him every time they can afford to. The guy shoots free throws like I do. lol

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Sometimes he really good at free throws, lets hope this is an off night for him.

DEEEETROIT BASKETTTBAAALLLLL!!!!

17. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never have liked basketball. It just does not interest me. NOw with my uncle it is another story.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! The Spurs shed their soft image, bucked it up, and knocked off the defending champions. [​IMG]

Big time kudos to the Pistons!! [​IMG] They were a worthy, worthy champion for the past year. I have nothing but the utmost respect for their tenacity and solid brand of basketball. I was extremely, extremely impressed at how few times they turned the ball over in this series. I was afraid the the Spurs' turnovers would do them in.

Tim Duncan proved his toughness in this game 7. He did a great job at the free throw line - 5 of 6, with 11 rebounds and 25 points and he is the finals MVP for the third time in his career. [​IMG] The Spurs hit 7 of 11 three pointers. Ginobili had a fantastic game.

SAN ANTONIO SPURS BASKETBALL!!!!
    1999 - 2003 - 2005 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!

19. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Good game, I only wish Detroit had not gotten cold in their shooting. Good job Spurs.

Finally bball is over. Now we can focus on base ball, and before we know football will be starting up again. Looking forward to it.

20. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

duncan finally had a good game, or at least a good second half - I would not have voted him MVP, but I dont know which spur I would have given it to. big shot Rob was worthy, but I dont suppose you can give the MVP to a part time player. IMHO the horry kept the spurs in the game in the first half with his shooting and defense. I guess he can take consolation in winning his SIXTH ring! what an accomplishment - never the star but always a very valuable role player.