1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Check out this article, talks about the improvement of the Bulls this season and as they look the future. A good read.

2. quidam65

quidam65 Member

With the Suns having coughed up one at home, and the Mavericks having coughed up a hairball the size of my small cat, San Antonio has the best chance of winning the whole thing. Plus they're the only team left I like. If they're not in the playoffs I probably don't bother watching.

3. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep they did it again. They had this game in total control until the last 5 minutes or so and they found a way to lose it. This is inexcusable for a veteran championship caliber type of team.

I don't think it is over but up 3-1 is a lot different than being tied 2-2 and heading to Phoenix

Phoenix may have 2 of their players suspended for the next game so this will be very interesting to see what the NBA does regarding Amare and Boris leaving the bench....

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I went to bed with the Spurs in control, could not believe it when I opened the paper and saw that the suns had won the game.

I did not see the play, but I heard on the radio that big shot rob might be suspended for a game due to his hard foul on Nash with 20 sec to go.

Phoenix got the home court back ,this series should now go 7 - I thought spurs in six until the suns came back. This next game I think is very close to a must win for both teams, as I think that the winner of game 5 will win the series.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the Suns should have had game 3 in the same way but between choking on easy shots and the refs it didn’t happen. Does show what the Suns can do when they are motivated though.

Losing a couple of starters because of the compounding of “dirty play” topped of with Horry’s actions may come back and bite the Spurs because the general Suns fans (my wife was ready to go through the TV screen to scratch Horry’s eyes out:laugh: ) are reeeaally disenchanted with the sportsmanship of the Spurs and are looking for a big win in 5. Then Amare will be back in game 6 WITH A VENGENCE!!!
    [​IMG]

And if it go to 7, and finishing on the Suns home court I think the Spurs will again be at a disadvantage.

GO SUNS!!! [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

When the Bulls were down 3-0 I thought they could possibly win one game and then they would go to Detroit and get pounded.

Who would have thought the Bulls would go to Detroit and blow them out??? Maybe we have a series after all?

What has happened to that Detroit focus?

7. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are like the Spurs. They tend to play lazy and passive at times especially when they think they have the game or series won.

No excuse for these experienced and veteran oriented teams...

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

That "turn it on when we need to" mentality only works so far. In his book "Showtime", Pat Riley said that the main reason the Lakers got swept by the Rockets in 1986 was because they had the mentality of "we'll turn up the intensity when we need to". But, when they hadn't played with a high intensity for so long, they found that they didn't have it when they needed it.

I'm not about to say that the Bulls are going to win the series, but did the Pistons just think that the Bulls were going to come into game 5 and lay down? On Mike&Mike this morning, Chris Broussard said that the Pistons were really surprised that they won games 1 and 2 so easily. They expected a tough fight from Chicago from the beginning. It seems as if they have one now. I expect Detroit will win game 6 and close the series out.

9. PastorSBC1303

I think you are right. I expect Detroit to still win the series. However, I am thrilled that the Bulls did not roll over after getting down 3-0. This series can only help them as they continue to build into the future.

If Detroit is going to win another title, they need to do it this year. THey are not getting any younger and are on the downhill run of their time together. While the Bulls and the Cavs are the up and coming teams in the East.

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

What is everyones opinon on the suspensions? IMHO, rob deserved his two games for the hockey play on Nash - I dont think Amare deserved a game, except for the fact that the reffs are about to lose control of this series and serious damage could be done if they dont get control back! But if it is just for coming off the bench - Duncan should have also been suspended for an incident earlier in the game when phoenix committed a very hard foul - duncan came half way into the court.

ON another subject - Utah sure made golden state look like an 8th seed, too bad dallas couldnt do the same.....

11. PastorSBC1303

I guess by the letter of the law Amare and Diaw got what they were supposed to. However, the thing that does not make any sense to me is the team (Spurs) that started the event basically gets rewarded by the Suns having to sit 2 key players.

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I thought Diaw should go - I think the only reason that rob got two games is because they gave the suns suspensions, but if you go by the letter of the law, I still think duncan should have to sit a game as well due to the earlier incident.

Why no golden state suspensions earlier in their series??

13. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Different situation. Duncan took a couple steps when there was no altercation whatsoever. Now, if a fight would have started at that point both Duncan and Bowen would have been tagged a game as well. The rule is based on when a fight or altercation breaks out.

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I guess I saw it differently - and the NBA evidently agrees with you! It looked to me like there was as much POTENTIAL for an altercation in the duncan incident as there was in the Amare incident. Duncan took more than a couple steps - he was almost to the middle of the court.

I think it is a shame the NBA took one of the best players in the NBA off the court - and severly crippled the suns chances tonight, on a call that if they used common sense should have merrited no more than a small fine. I wouldnt be suprised to see Duncan have more fouls than usual called on him tonight

15. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that the rest of this series will be called tight.

I am a Spurs fan and perhaps I am biased but I am of the minority that thinks that this was a easy call and the NBA got it right.

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Gave up too soon!

Hey SBC, it seems we had lost faith in the Bulls there for awhile eh? I haven't had much time to follow much this year of the NBA :( but did manage to watch the bulls play shaq and wade. Bulls are coming around they are a team to be feared. They just need more consistancy or experience. They have some great young athletes and we will see if Scottie can whip them into a team. When their on thier ON! That being said I don't think this is the year for them even though they have brought the series to 3-2.
    4 His Glory I see your still the fan. Glad to see you carry the flag. There has to be someone for all to hate on! ;)

17. PastorSBC1303

Hey Tim, nice to see you back around.

I agree this is not the year for the Bulls, but in the next couple years they are going to be the top contender in the East along with the Cavs.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The Bulls are setup well for the future, especially since this is the absolute best year to have a high draft pick.

19. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

It looks to me that they are playing a lot like their coach played, in his day.

20. PastorSBC1303

This team definitely plays like Skiles and John Paxson both. It is good to see them keep fighting and never give up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.