1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe the Pistons just aren't as good as everyone thought ;) . That was for you 1303.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Face it if Flip gets his team through the Miami series. He will have pulled off one of the greatest allusions ever perpetrated on the sports world.

"Are there hidden locker room issues? Can they pull it together and play the way we know they can? Does Flip have a clue?"

"The coach is a huge problem he does not make any adjustments durning the game this is why he is a loser in the playoffs."

"Flip absolutely refuses to use the bench. Bring in Evans more and use Delfino some. They can bring some energy and rest some of the starters. At this point it is clear that I can coach the team as well as Flip."

"Tonight's game proved two things to me; (1) our fans don't want to face the fact that we are a poor offensive team and we can't play smart on that end and (2) Flip Saunders is a poor coach who did not deserve to inherit such a good team. For all his offensive reputation, he's coaching like Rick Carlisle. I see Miami winning in five. I have no confidence in Flip's ability to lead."

The above are all taken from Detroit free press Piston Talk.

http://info.detnews.com/pistons/lettersindex.cfm?topic=East_finals_06&forum=pistons

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

;) [​IMG] I am with ya Scott J.

I am not a Piston fan, I think everyone around here clearly knows that. But I am just amazed by the play of the Pistons so far in the playoffs. I truly expected them to coast to the NBA Finals with maybe only 1 or 2 losses. I thought they would be motivated to do so after losing a heartbreaking game 7 to the Spurs last year. But it just ain't happening.

And I remain curious as to what the problem is and what Piston fans think.

Thanks for the quotes from the Piston site. Those are pretty intersting.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really think? I was pulling against the Pistons and got nervous every time I saw him open from outside.

He hit a couple of big 3's that sealed the win didn't he?

5. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the Pistons need to play Tony Delk a little bit more. And the Heat need to play Derek Anderson more as well...

The Spurs would have swept the Suns; I am surprised Dallas lost to them like they did.

6. PastorSBC1303

AF huh, how are those UK glasses treating ya [​IMG]

Yeah Delk and Anderson are the answer alright :rolleyes:

Pretty hard for the Spurs to sweep anyone from their couch at home. [​IMG] :D

7. PastorSBC1303

Do you really think? I was pulling against the Pistons and got nervous every time I saw him open from outside.

He hit a couple of big 3's that sealed the win didn't he?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I do think. No doubt he can hit the 3, but I just think he is more valueable to the Pistons on the block.

8. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBC, I knew you would like that one. I think you are a closet blue bleeder...

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I don't know how anyone can say that when you look at the season. They just are not playing to the best of their ability right now. Sometimes the playoffs can do that to a team.

They are still going to win this series and I expect them to win at least on game in Miami if not two.

You Western conferance fans are beginning to sound like ABC's commentator Walton who does nothing but run his mouth against the Pistons are anyone in the East for that matter.

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Surely you don't mean the Walton Sr. who is an idiot dressed as a commentator? I never noticed his bias it always seems that in his opinion he knows it all.

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yes I do mean him. He does think he knows it all and it is hilarious to see him proved wrong. He deffinatly has a bias.

12. PastorSBC1303

I am not really sure what you mean here?

The Pistons should not be having this much trouble in an eastern conference that is pretty weak. I mean the Bulls pushed the Heat hard in their series, and had a chance to win it.

If the East was loaded with good teams I could possibly see your point, but I think there is more going on with the Pistons than anyone outside of the locker room knows.

I think they will win the series too, but I doubt they win both games in Miami.

Guess it is a good thing I am not a Western Conf fan. [​IMG]

Although Walton is a piece of work. But he does make it interesting.

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand that kind of frustration... I am a Braves fan. Sometimes teams that are good at winning in routine situations show their weaknesses when they need to rise to a new level.

Walton is pretty irrelevant.

The Pistons have not yet proven they are the dominating team everyone thought they were coming into the playoffs. That is just a simple fact of where they sit right now.

14. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Looks like my Suns are just about out of gas. Although they have been counted out before. Who knows they may just come back and win the whole thing.....One can only hope:praying: :praying:

15. PastorSBC1303

I would say you are right. They have had 2 hard 7 game series. The Mavs have now adjusted to the new pace and I think they will finish the Suns off.

16. PastorSBC1303

Well so much for the Pistons winning 2 in Miami. Heat now up 3-1.

17. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

NBA East Finals

"Deee-troit Basketbaaaall"

Yeah, right.

18. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll see about that, Buddy Boy! ;)

#298 Benjamin, May 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2006
  19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, looks like the Mavs forgot their Sun sceen, cause they just got burned! :thumbsup:

20. PastorSBC1303

Yep, the Suns looked great tonight.