1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 19, 2006.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Your crushing me. I can handle Lebron but Shaq? The NBA's laziest big man who every time he drives drops his shoulder (diesel is an understatement) and then throws his left arm and knocks the defender nearly out of the paint. I love Wade but Shaq has all the size but no heart and no discipline to get better.

Batmugger and Robin did not get along because Kobe told Shaq he was lazy and out of shape when he reported to training camp. True or false? True Mark my words it will only be a matter of time before somebody on the Heat will say it also and it will be true again.

Say what you will about Kobe but every player and every team knows that when the ball is put in play Kobe will play both ends of the court for 40 plus minutes. Shaq would need two days a 40 lbs of oxygen to play 40 minutes.

I can cope with Lebron he's a great young player but lets leave fat Shaq (AKA the Batmugger) in Miami and hopefully at home when the series with Chi town is over.

Ya all didn't pray hard enough Kobe only shot 21 times against Phoenix. what up with that. But Walton had 19-2-6 Quit yer grinnin it ain't over Lakers in seven hehehe

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Actually, my prayers about this game were answered. [​IMG]

I'm praying for a Suns sweep. [​IMG]

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

No Heart? I do not think this is right. Shaq may have a lot of things that one can complain about, but I think he has a lot of heart.

I don't think Shaq being out of shape at that point in his career was the only reason they did not get a long. As we have talked about here, Kobe is a selfish player and I think Shaq knew that and called him on it several times.

Shaq was out of shape for awhile in LA. But they reported in the game the other night that he was 325 and at 12% body fat. That does not sound like fat and out of shape to me. He is just getting older and cannot go like he once could.

Sure Kobe plays 40 mins, and as has been pointed out he shoots, shoots, shoots and shoots.

Shaq is a lot older than Kobe, so that is not a fair comparison.

Oh look, there is another Kobe shot... ;) :D

Kobe did play a little different in the first game. But it is only one game and since they lost with him playing like that I fully expect to see him come out in game 2 and attempt to score 80 points and win the game all by himself. And that will result in Phoenix crushing the Lakers.

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

40 shots and the "V" go Kobe!!!

5. Convicted by the Spirit

or it could go like this ...

teammate A "man I might as well not even try to get open. As soon as he comes down he is just going to shoot, and shoot and shoot and keep shooting."

teammate B "how come I don't get to touch the ball anymore like I did in game 1"

teammate C "I wonder if I am wide open if he will pass me the ball? Oh wait there is the triple team on Kobe and he is going to .... shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot."

6. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

eat your heart out CS

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Convicted, It could be that way, but a funny thing happened on the way to the playoffs. Instead of tanking because Kobe shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots some more, his Laker teammates do play hard. If it were just Kobe taking 40 shots a game and his teammates were doing what you described, then they wouldn't have made the playoffs. It's been interesting to see them make their run to the playoffs.

Thjplgvp, I want you to know that I am praying for the Lakers.

I'm praying for them to get swept. [​IMG]

8. PastorSBC1303

Eat your heart out with a #7 seed whose leader is a selfish player?

Right!?!?!

[​IMG]

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

For once we can agree on somthing. [​IMG]

I was hoping the Bulls would play Miami a little bit better than they have, IMHO they are the "Lakers of the east." Too much talent and not enough teamwork.

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

This is a sure sign that Satan is ice-skating this very minute. ;)

11. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Interesting, he's a leader but he is selfish, others play hard around him but he is selfish, he is in the running for league MVP but he is selfish, other players in the league acknowledge how they have to be at the top of their game to beat the Lakers but he is selfish.

Sounds to me like you all are just jealous. Wait Kobe shoots ...... (drum roll please) .... he scores and the Lakers win again.

ta da

thjplgvp

12. PastorSBC1303

Kobe is the leader. Kobe is selfish. One does not negate the other.

Yep, selfish. You are getting the picture now [​IMG] ;)

Of course players have to be at the top of their games to beat the Lakers. Kobe is a great player, no doubt. One more time, I know you can do it, he is selfish [​IMG]

However, if he was an unselfish player the Lakers would be even harder to beat and opposing players would have to step up their games even more to beat them.

Yeah, you caught me. That is exactly it :rolleyes:

I am with ccr, I am praying the Suns sweep the Lakers, and I am not a Suns fan either. [​IMG]

13. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

On a more serious note. What up with the dabulls? I sure thought they would given Miami a harder push than they have so far. That team has lots of talent so, perhaps, this is the refining process of their heart. Are they going to roll over or suck it up?

14. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Look for NJ to finish off the Pacers in 6. And the Lakers to win in 7 [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The consensus in this thread is that Kobe is selfish, but Lebron isn't. Let's break out the stats, compare the 2, and find out what they tell us.

Kobe Lakers %
    Points 35.4 99.4 35.6
    Assists 4.5 21.1 21.3
    Shots 27 80 33.75

Lebron Cavs %
    Points 31.4 97.6 32.1
    Assists 6.6 19 34.7
    Shots 23 78 29

I think these stats tell those of us not blinded by our purple and gold glasses that Kobe is selfish. [​IMG]

16. Convicted by the Spirit

Stats don't tell the story. In my opinion I view Kobe as selfish because of his attitude he carries on the court. Lebron knows he can't win without his teammates and knows how to lead them to win. Kobe really thinks in his own mind that he can win without them. Hello ... 81 points. He has the mindset that why should I pass you the ball when I have a better chance of scoring. No one wants a player on their team if its the attitude of me and yall. Kobe is the me and yall and Lebron and Jordan were the "we are a team together." That is why once its all said and done ... Kobe won't be one of the top 3 players of all time, but Lebron and Jordan will be. Kobe is just a jordan wantabee, Lebron is the real deal.

17. PastorSBC1303

I was listening to a local radio show this morning and the host said something that I just found outrageous. They were talking about the Celtics teams that won all those straight championships with Bill Russell and gang. And someone asked him if he thought they could do that in today's league, and the guy said he felt that Celtic team would not win one championship in today's league. Hello? I find that just ridiculous.

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you just plucked them out of time and landed them in the NBA today, he's probably right. The teaching of the game and also strength and conditioning have improved greatly in 40 years.

19. PastorSBC1303

The Bulls just don't have the horses down low to hang with the Heat.

I still think they can win a couple games in the series.

20. PastorSBC1303

I agree things are different.

I guess I was not thinking of just plucking out of time. I was thinking more of them just playing together in the league today. I think they would win, maybe not that many in a row, but they would win atleast one.