1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBC's new television show

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by christianyouth, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Exactly. You've seen clips. I've seen, for the most part, the whole thing. I humbly submit that my critique is with greater authority and objectivity than one who has not seen the show. No disrespect intended. Like I said, I hadn't even heard of the show until I stumbled upon it whilst channel surfing.

2. Karen

Karen Active Member

Yet, I think that I saw a significant part of the clips relating to Jesus' appearances.
    I am curious as to why you did not see them as irreverent and flippant.

Karen

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can point to nothing as a specific in the program that was expressly contrary to Christian doctrine. I suspect that problem might be that the character of Jesus did not fit in with peoples' preconcieved notions. That's a fair concern (the same reason why Jesus has not been portrayed in "VeggieTales"). However, it's not a scriptural or doctrinal concern.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

"Irreverent and flippant" - isn't that what tv sit-coms strain to achieve? That's the sine non qua of adolescent kewlocity.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Again, I saw nothing that was directly irreverent or flippant in the show. But I also saw nothing that was particularly unique about the show, which is why I said earlier that I doubt this show will go past 1 or 2 seasons. It's probable that they may not even pick it up for a full season. While the show wasn't particularly irreverent of flippant, the show simply isn't particularly good.

6. Karen

Karen Active Member

I guess we will disagree on this one, John.
    I was quite offended by their portrayal of the Lord.

Karen

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You're certainly entitled to your view, and I don't belittle that view whatsoever. No disrespect intended.