1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NC cop and (almost shot) suspect meet as friends

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Lewis, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Almost a year ago this man and I were involved in a major altercation where he tried to stab me in the head and I nearly shot him. Today we ran into each other again and I learned that after his time in prison and some help from probation he now has a full time job and has another son on the way that will be here in November. I was glad it ended well for us both that day and I am ecstatic now to learn that he has turned his life around and we can embrace as friends."
    -Raleigh police officer JD Boyd
    [​IMG]

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...82799:-8195541269106243092#footer_action_list

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What do u think, Zaac?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

3. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here is a good article that discusses some myths on all sides of the debate..

"Myth - YouTube videos and cellphone footage prove that today’s cops are out of control.
    Most criminologists believe that today’s police departments are more professional than ever before. Cops tend to get more training, and departments are guided by defined rules and procedures. Most decent-size police agencies have internal affairs departments, and a growing number of cities have installed citizen review boards"

That hardly means there are no problems in policing today, of course, or that these developments suffice to safeguard civil liberties. But it’s likely that the ubiquity of cellphone cameras and the diffusive power of social media are simply making us more aware of rule-breaking cops, rather than showing that there are more of them than before."

LINK

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to mention that in most cases an amateur video only shows a very small segment of the actual encounter, thereby eliminating any meaningful context.

5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is probably true in some cases. Sometimes cops go wrong, and sometimes suspects put themselves in jeopardy.