1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NC Occupation Attempt Ends Quickly

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Adonia, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Attempts to set up an "Autonomous Zone" in North Carolina went quickly down to defeat as the authorities asserted control. As reported in the UK Daily Mail: "In Asheville, NC about 100 people gathered on Lexington Ave near the Interstate 280 overpass, where they attempted to block the street with barricades and take control of the area". "Police responded in force and tore down the barricades".

See Seattle, that is how it is done. Protesting by marching around the square and then going home is one thing, but barricading off and unlawfully occupying a section of the city is quite another. The authorities in Ashville NC showed very quickly the such nonsense will not be tolerated.

#1 Adonia, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I suppose takeovers happen more easily on the west coast.
    Portland Oregon I think this could happen there. When I visited Portland, you could feel it in the culture of the place, just by looking at the kind of things posted on walls and various pamphlets in stores, and in the drug needles laying in the streets, and in the people. We were eating at an outdoor restaurant in Eugene and some crazed young man walked down the street screaming, cursing at the air and flailing about and my companions told me he is on drugs and they see that stuff all the time. The other noticeable thing is people living on sidewalks on streets in tents and boxes with trash everywhere. Did see one homeless person getting arrested, apparently he was abusive to other people on the street.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Mayors and Govs need to get control back over their cities right now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The majority of Americans that vote for Democrats seem happy with arson, looting and anarchy. I have seen no interviews where folks say the Democrats have lost their vote. None, zip, nada.

5. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm seeing quite a few on TV that seems to be feed up. Haroldo and Leo Torell on Fox for example. I believe a portion of them are going to vote against the dems this november.

• Informative Informative x 2