1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need a prayer update from Eire

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Mexdeaf, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

A while back there was a young man who Marcia put in touch with C4K and I am wondering what his status is as I have been praying for him.

Thanks.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the prayers. I have heard nothing from my pastor friend out west. That probably means that he is still tilling the soil.

Thats the norm for this country :(

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Roger,

Thanks for the update. I quite understand and will keep praying.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sorry I have not kept up with this. Thanks for asking, Mexdeaf!

The young man, Sean, did connect with the pastor friend of the pastor who was contacted by Roger. Sean then attended some bible studies and services for awhile and seemed to like it. He even had dinner at the pastor's home.

Then Sean had a rather longlasting physical issue (not serious) that kept him from attending. Since then, he has not gone back. For one thing, he no longer has a car and can't get around easily.

I've urged him to call the pastor but I am not sure if he has.

Sean did have a brief reactivated interest in some New Age books a couple of weeks ago, which he told me about. I gave a pretty strong response to him on that and he decided not to read them.

The other day, he got a Christian book that he thought wasn't good (he said the author was mixing in her own ideas with the Bible's, which I think shows at least some discernment on his part and I was encouraged by that). Now he says he's ordered John Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life." I am not familiar with this book.

He has also said he's checked into theology courses at a nearby college - not sure if that's a good thing for him or not.

Sean seems obsessed with finding the purpose of his life and has told me he is frustrated in that he doesn't know how to serve God, but I've pointed out several times that he needs to know Christ in order to serve God. But he does not really respond to that.

So that's where we are now. Really appreciate your prayers for Sean! This has been a long road, so far (6 years or more).