1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Neighbor Lady Fuming over Church's 'Vote Pro-Life' Sign

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jerome, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Santa Fe church's 'pro-life' banner upsets neighbor

"'It's telling people what God thinks. How dare they,' Andrea Campbell said. She can see the sign from her front yard."

"'You don't see synagogue saying that they are pro-life or pro-choice,' Campbell said."

"There is a reason she feels passionately about this issue. 'I was a teenage mother and I had no choice but to be a teenage mother,' Campbell said....'I just want to protect our rights as human beings and women'"

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reporter led with, "Should a church be advocating who to vote for?" Typical spin. The church isn't even doing that. The woman's solution? Silence the church. An honest lead would have been, "Should people lose their freedom of speech if they exercise their freedom of religion?" If framed this way, there would be no debate, because the answer is both logically and constitutionally obvious.

By the way, the area is heavily Democrat. Still, the priest's position is that he is obligated to speak up for what is right. Sounds outright biblical.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Santa Fe is such a beautiful city.

I wonder if the lady against the pro-life sign on the Catholic Church would be against a pro-euthanasia sign as there must be a certain number of people against caring for the elderly?