1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nein, Nein, Nein to 9-9-9!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Oct 20, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is Your Problem?

Get off the German thing. You asked, I responded. I am American, and proud to be. I served proudly in Nam.

Please find another issue and post to involve yourself in if you are going to continue to rip on what I say.

I have to ask! Are you trolling, and looking to be a thorn is the side of people you may find an easy mark.

Please move on, or I will report your harrassing mannerisms.

2. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

I am sorry

I thought this was the debate forum. I read your statements about Hillary and found them amusing, and I saw you writing in German, which I also found amusing.

I will make no futher comment. I will just sit here and be amused.

John

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm so Blessed that You Find me Amusing.

As for the German I used in the title of the post, I actually had to use my translation software to make sure I spelled it correctly. It's been more than 35 years since I spoke or used any German.

I just thought the title would be catchy!

As for Hillary, I don't like her. I didn't like her husband. I feel she should have left him for his dalliance in the WH with Monica.

However, she's done a pretty good job as Secretary of State, and IF I had the choice between ONLY her and Obama, I'd vote for her to make sure Obama did not repeat as POTUS.

That ends the discussion. I am a true blue Independent, who votes conservative, unless the choice is between one evil and a worse evil.

I would not forgo voting, as it is a privilege and responsibility for all Americans to vote. The blood of many great men and women died to assure my right to vote.

I would, and have voted for lessor of two evils in the past, knowing that at least I did my part to make sure my voice was heard.

And it is MHO, that if a person doesn't vote, then they really have less a foundation to argue or complain about who is in office.

Once again, I hope this further amuses you, and makes you laugh. By the way, I do some stand up comic gigs from time to time. It is a hobby not a career, because if it were a career to be a stand up, I'd be living on the streets...:laugh:

Good night my humorous friend!

4. seekingthetruth

For what it's worth, my wife doesn't find me very amusing at all.

Good night to you too

John

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Can See Why!!!

Tell you wife that it took a while, but you found another Christian that didn't see you as being an amusing person, at first! :laugh:

However, know that we've broken through your outer shell, and we are actually communicating, I would like to ask you to consider being a friend. If this sits well with your spirit, please feel free to invite me to be your friend.

Please enjoy your participation on the board. I was getting a little uptight with you, simply because I catch a lot of flack and get insulted a lot, and you seemed to get on my wrong side. Forgive me for making a really bad judgment call when it came to you. You seem to be very personable, and I'm happy we are now talking and not trying to get under each other's skin! :wavey:

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Your backpedaling, Dude. This contradicts your earlier statements. On this thread you said:

This tells us that with the current mix of candidates (on both sides) you would pick Hillary.

On another thread you said:

You would vote for Hillary over the "group of nobodies the Grand Old Party is...". This clearly tells us you would vote for a pro-abortion candidate over a pro-life candidate. There's no way to spin your way out of this one. You've been caught and now all you are trying to do is damage control.

Earlier you said:

Maybe you slept during those eight years, but (for all his faults, and there were many!) G.W. Bush was surely the most pro-life President and did much good for the cause. Shall I remind you of the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003?

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

This is my opinion. You know, we all have them.

I don't think Perry has done a good job as our governor here in Texas. Perry has been the consummate politician here. For instance, he does virtually nothing to deal with illegal immigration, yet when it's time for reelection he makes an add with the Rio Grand river in the backdrop talking tough about what he will do. Rick Perry blasted the stimulus package publicly, then later took it. And then there's his mandate to vaccinate sixth-grade girls against the human papillomavirus.

I've lived in Texas for almost 60 years and Perry isn't what he claims to be, in my opinion of course.

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Caught Me Matt!

You're right as always because you are a KIA. I am definitely back peddling to your gifted ability to read between the lines. You caught me. My apologies for trying to put one over on your analytic mind, which is far more superior than others on this board. If you can read this, even your eyes are more "keen" than most on the board! Have you ever thought of moving to a board/forum with more of a challenge to your intellectual skills?

9. matt wade

No need to move forums. Most of the posters here provide a challenge to my intellectual skills. It's just a small number of dudes whose intellect is lacking.

10. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Matt, where on that spectrum do I fall?

11. matt wade

Paul you are by far the most intellectually challenging individual on this site. You make me yearn for my days at Ft. Caroline Junior High, when I also was in Gifted class there.

12. FR7 Baptist

I just want you to know that I secretly like you in a non-romantic way. Even though I said the opposite once, you normally post well thought out posts and you demonstrate independent thinking. You show your intellectual talent and contribute much to this forum. I really love you in Christ.

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Glad You Cleared that Up?

Isn't love grand? :laugh: The cyber space can bring all of so close, it makes for family in a special way. I'm glad, through my post, you two found each other, and share in mutual admiration....:godisgood:

#33 righteousdude2, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  14. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My top choices never entered the fray, John Bolton and Allen West.

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I can only assume that I am a short bus rider. (No disrespect intended)

16. seekingthetruth

IMHO, John Bolton is one of the smartest men in the world, also one of the most loyal to America and it's heritage. He would make an excellent choice.

John

17. matt wade

:love2: :laugh:

18. billwald

billwald New Member

Several million Germans were proud to fight for Germany under Hitler. Someone please explain why becoming cannon fodder is a reason for pride?

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Mutual Admiration Society has Signed In...

....These two members have an interesting amount of respect for one another. We ought to give them a hand for making their mutual admiration for one another known. They both know greatness when they see it, and they seem to see it in each other. :laugh:

20. FR7 Baptist

Exactly! I love Matthew so much. Even though I disagree with him on issues like taxes and the death penalty, he never fails to deliver an interesting opinion. :love2: