1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured #NEVERTRUMP/#THIRD-PARTY-SUICIDE-MISSION Recruitment

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, May 16, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He just said it out of ignorance. It is something that is believed by many many people. Trump is not alone by any means.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

They probably DON'T do mammograms. Trump could be wrong about it. It's certainly not the first thing he's wrong about. Or, I could be misrepresenting him. It was from memory. PErhaps I was mistaken. Maybe he did not SAY that PP does mammograms.

What is true, nonetheless, is that they do other stuff besides abortion. He claims to have been speaking about that. I have no reason to doubt it, since (1) he vows to try to defund them so long as they perform abortion and (2) he hired a pro-life champion as his domestic policy advisor.

It simply is not true that Trump was supporting abortion when he said they do "wonderful things." It may have been a stupid thing to say, but it was not a statement in support of abortion. Not in light of the above facts.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In light of the fact that PP receives about 80% of their revenues from abortions, I would say that they exist to do abortions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying that Planned Parenthood does other things then perform abortions is like saying a gun does other things than shot bullets.
    Why do they give out pregnancy test, so they can find out if they can perform an abortion.
    Why do they promote "safe sex" so they can have more pregnancies to abort.
    And I'm firmly in the camp that believes that hormonal birth control are abortification so that also goes to their main goal of abortions.

So no there is no spinning "Planned Parenthood does wonderful things" as anything but an endorsement of abortion.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While all of these things are true, Many people including Trump believe the PP propaganda. Trump's statement was most likely made with honest intentions that did not include promoting abortions.

7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except it shows how out of touch he is with the pro-life movement, that he claims to be a strong proponent off. I don't know a single person that is pro-life that would say anything good about Planned Parenthood. It also shows he is not willing to take the time to get to know the issues, he just throws things out there to see how they are received. He made 3 different positions on abortion in 3 days after that debate all of which showed that he was not in the pro-life camp, but it is his first one he said that I think is the closest to the truth of his position which can be none other than pro-abortion. To defend Planned Parenthood and to spread their lies is to be pro-abortion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be

9. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no "may" about it.
    To be pro planned parenthood, is to be pro abortion. Its very simple.

• Like Like x 1
  10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe a presidential candidate should get educated on the issues. Just maybe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh the "may be" I used was not in reference to this.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ummmm ok??????

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this a substantive comment, or are you just being a "smart elic"?

*laugh*

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nailed it in One.

15. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. I was watching that debate and I was just floored that he said what he did about PP, and then even more floored when 'Christian' defended him for it. I will say one thing he has done a fantastic job with is separating the true conservatives from the fake ones in all parts of the Republican Party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. What amazes me is how easily many who are true conservatives believe the guy. I know a number of people who I thought were stout in their political opinions recieve Trump like he is the Second Incarnation of Ronald Reagan. The only thing that I can think that could account for it is desperation for a change from the Obama years.

17. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well "hoping for change" with Trump is going to leave us in worse shape then we are currently in, since the opposition party has been hijacked.

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Donald Trump: The Jim Jones of the Republican Party.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    pretty much. I have not offically left the GOP but my husband and I are looking for alternatives. Neither one of us wants to be associated with Trump in any way shape or from. I figure right after the convention and it is offical we will be done. To paraphrase Reagan we are not leaving the GOP the GOP left us. Besides Trump has made it clear he neither wants nor desires my conservative vote and I will respect him on that one issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He absolutely did support PP, if you support any part of PP you support it all! Trump flip flops like a fish out of water on anything he says! He is and always has been a 100% die hard liberal who only ran as a republican because he could in no way defeat Hillary in the primary! There also is a very good chance he ran just to hand Hillary the presidency! Why are so many of you so blind? You can't fix stupid!

• Like Like x 1