1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Birth Crowns Eddie Long as King

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Christos doulos, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I saw this yesterday...and was deeply, deeply disturbed.

Really, I thought we had seen evverything out of this group, but this is a new, terrible, low.

The man is totally disqualified from ministry and then this. So sad and upsetting.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I don't care if he had a spotless reputation, this was scary. I'd be afraid to go anywhere near the Bishop or the preacher who crowned him. I don't want to be anywhere near where lightning might strike.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I watched most of video (until they started singing "Prepare the way of the Lord".)

That is the most blasphemous thing I have ever seen! :mad:

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He 'didn't understand' what was happening. Really!! Did he have ears to hear? Why wouldn't he put an end to what is happening? This kind of 'lunatic fringe' behavior is becoming all too common and is a terrible Christian witness.

I suspect this apology came about as a result of the negative coverage even the secular press has given it. He could have stopped this 'abomination' at ANY point. All his head nodding tells me he was 'ok' with it and I don't believe for a second he didn't know this was going to happen.

#6 Walter, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. This reminds me of the instance in the Bible of the ruler (both the reference and his name escape me presently) who accepted the praises of the people who shouted that he spoke with the voice of a god and not a man, and was promptly fatally struck with a worm.

2. It's telling that no one in the congregation objects or walks out, though I suppose it may have been edited out.

3. The word cult comes to mind, because of the personality-driven nature of the service shown in the clip.

#7 Arbo, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012