1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Book: 'From Shadow to Substance'

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Martin Marprelate, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I received advance notice of a new book by Sam Renihan today.
    From Shadow to Substance
    It looks very interesting. It deals with the history and theology of the 17th Century Particular Baptists and it details where their theology agreed with and different from that of the denominations around them.
    Since the book is an edited PhD thesis, it will have some original research in it and not merely be a re-hash of previous books.

I greatly admire the work of the American Reformed Baptists such as the Renihans, Richard Barcellos and Sam Waldron. We don't seem to have similar Confessional men in the UK, except for one or two aged folk like Peter Masters and Robert Oliver.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for mentioning and recommending this book. (Looks like it is "sole source" right now.) While looking at Renihan's blog site, I noticed that he has a nice page of Online Particular Baptist Resources.